GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who buys OXM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
Just wondering
Tue 26/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
Just wondering
Tue 26/08/03 at 21:53
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Occassionaly, depending on reviews/demos.
Tue 26/08/03 at 21:54
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Occassionaly, depending on reviews/demos.

Which ones do you like?
Tue 26/08/03 at 23:38
Regular
I've bought OXM twice, and that's enough to convince me not to spend any more money on that boring, overpriced and biased pile of crap.
Tue 26/08/03 at 23:55
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I buy it. I'm dissapointed with the magazine sometimes- I find it a bit dry and uninteresting although I generally agree with the reviews.

I have all the issues so far and all the demos. They are the main reason I buy it, I enjoy trying games I normally wouldn't even consider such as gladius last month. I Emailed OXM a few weeks back about my unhappiness with them removing videos from the disc so hopefully my letter should be there next month. and i'll see what they have to say.
Wed 27/08/03 at 00:11
Regular
Doubt they'd answer it.

Bunch of arrogant knobheads.
Wed 27/08/03 at 00:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I doubt it. I wrote I wouldn't accept "you can download videos if you subscribe" or any other crappy excuse. I mentioned that OXM isn't great value as it is (£6) and removing one of the discs key functions becomes even worse value.

They better respond- the punks.
Wed 27/08/03 at 04:08
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I used to buy it in the early days when there wasn't many games available, but I don't bother anymore.
I'm now fully convinced that the Xbox is a great machine, and if I like the sound of a game I tend to just buy it. I'm rarely disappointed.

Star Wars: KOTOR & Otogi - bring.them.on.

And after that - Fable, Halo 2, etc, etc, etc.
Wed 27/08/03 at 09:20
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Doubt they'd answer it.
>
> Bunch of arrogant knobheads.

Considering the latest issue clearly states that videos will be on the Sept 4th issue then they'd have no need to answer it. At least Microsoft have a magazine which has demos on it, as does Sony, the current issue is worth the price alone just for the Otogi and Ghost Recon demo games.
Wed 27/08/03 at 13:01
Regular
"Remember me?"
Belldandy wrote:
> At least Microsoft have a magazine which has demos on it...

About time Nintendo pulled their finger out regarding demos, in my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.