GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got Knights of Old Republic today!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:00
Regular
Fooking awesome!

Its an equal to Halo in every way from what I have played so far and up to press its playing better than Skies of Arcadia. I don't really know where to start...

Anyone who has any queries just ask them one at a time and I will try to answer them. Played about 1 hour so far so I have got a pretty decent grasp of it.

Fire away people :)
Sat 13/09/03 at 00:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Been playing this game for a few hours. Was enjoying it right upto the point where I got blown away by this crap looking smelly bounty hunter. After finding that the "auto save" was taking me back quite a bit to the point where I'd played over an hour ago, I was put off carrying on at least for now.

Dunno, feel a little deflated after being built up to believe I'm this guy with mass potential and yet I get swept aside like a piece of crud by some smelly looking bounty hunter. Whatever.
Not sure about the combat either. Think that could have been better.

Great game, but this losing loads of progress thing could well get frustrating regularly. I was doing fine, but this bounty hunter just brushed me aside with one hit - what a load of cack !

Back to Ghost Recon I think.
Fri 12/09/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
If I like what I see at my friends then I will order this weekend.
Fri 12/09/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Whatever!"
Will have to wait till next week to get it - I want it so much!
Fri 12/09/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
My friend got it today so I am going to play it tommorow. I may order it this weekend. Got quite a few games I havent played much, like Zelda Windwaker which is untouched. Havent had time for games and would rather watch movies than play games at the moment. I really want to get this but I think I will probably play it for an hour and then go back to watching movies and tv shows.
Fri 12/09/03 at 17:48
Regular
Its like Deus EX + Morrowind + Buldurs Gate + the Star Wars Universe and atmosphere. Tis absolutely amazing!
Fri 12/09/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Selected"
i didn't know bioware had anything to do with this game. it sounds like they actually imported some baldurs gate features as well (especially the D&D style fighting).

must. get. game.
Fri 12/09/03 at 17:13
Regular
"accidental superher"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> been playing it for 30 mins, when you are fighting do you just push A
> once? Also how do you get two swords? can you just prat about with
> the swoards and swing at nothing? if so, how? Thanks! Brilliant game
> so far - this is the game to convert all non RPG fans like me!

when you fight with two swords....beware of the attack penalties...make sure you get the ambidexterity skills
Fri 12/09/03 at 16:33
Regular
Picked up a Freebird Wireless Xbox controller and a few DVD's as well as Victorious Boxers for the PS2 and I am working at 7:00pm so when I get in I will continue on.
Fri 12/09/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Touched!"
quality game though, you got a saber yet? i'm on the bit just after the crash, looking around, i used stealth to sneak past a guard :)
Fri 12/09/03 at 16:05
Regular
Nope, it tells you on screen before the first battle :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.