GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got Knights of Old Republic today!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:00
Regular
Fooking awesome!

Its an equal to Halo in every way from what I have played so far and up to press its playing better than Skies of Arcadia. I don't really know where to start...

Anyone who has any queries just ask them one at a time and I will try to answer them. Played about 1 hour so far so I have got a pretty decent grasp of it.

Fire away people :)
Sat 13/09/03 at 19:11
Regular
well, got to dantooine and got my saber. haven't got to use it on anyone yet, apart from some stupid cow like things which are as easy as shoving a hot knife through butter.

I must admit to not being a huge rpg fan, and I find myself hungering for some serious killing instead of wandering about like a headless chicken.

still good though - perhaps jedi academy will suit my tastes more
Sat 13/09/03 at 18:08
Regular
"accidental superher"
i played this game for around 6 hrs and at the moment it's not too hard.
it's slightly easier for me cos i'm so used to the bioware style rpg. baldur's gate 2 and neverwinter nights are so much more complex than this -so many more feats, skills, character classes (actually bg2 uses 2nd edition d&d rules so you don't get feats and skills like in 3rd edition d&d).

enjoying though :D
Sat 13/09/03 at 18:06
Regular
"accidental superher"
Savatt78 wrote:
Still not sure
> if I can be bothered to go back through all that stuff I did again
> yet.
>
> Always hated that about RPG's. At least I know that the auto save in
> that game is pretty near useless now.

teaches you to save more regularly :P
Sat 13/09/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Touched!"
I've also got some sith armour, very cool using two weapons too :)
Sat 13/09/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Touched!"
Has anyone met that Woman in silver armour, in the lower city in the apartments? i tried to kill her, almost had her dead then she killed us both :(
Sat 13/09/03 at 17:10
Regular
"8==="
beanz wrote:
>
> when you fight with two swords....beware of the attack
> penalties...make sure you get the ambidexterity skills

Hmmm. That does sound cool actually...
Sat 13/09/03 at 17:08
Regular
"8==="
"Losing loads of progress thing"?

Noooo!

*Sticks with Morrowind*

*Runs*
Sat 13/09/03 at 15:03
Regular
I get to marl and the gimp always kills me.

you can't use blasters on him cos he hacks you to bits, and he's far too good with his staff for me to beat him with swords.

i need a god damn lightsaber, or perhaps some rocket launcher or anti-matter accelerator of some description
Sat 13/09/03 at 08:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I haven't been beaten in the arena - it took some scabby trap in the game (i.e a one hit kills character) to take me down. Still not sure if I can be bothered to go back through all that stuff I did again yet.

Always hated that about RPG's. At least I know that the auto save in that game is pretty near useless now. Want a lightsaber, but at the same time I don't want to have to crawl around being cute and cuddly to everyone in order to avoid getting pasted.

Guess I'll go back to it now and see if I can force myself through all the old stuff in order to get back on track and do interesting stuff again. Been using staffs a lot as my weapon - aiming to grab a double light saber. I also can't help turning bad a little as I go through the game. ;-p
Sat 13/09/03 at 00:40
Regular
Pfft you Jedi amateur ;)

I have played it for quite a while and am yet to die. I was knocked unconcious in the undergroun battle arena in the semi final but I am yet to die. The thought of getting duel sabres is enough to help me beat any little home boy that wants a shot at the title :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.