GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got Knights of Old Republic today!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:00
Regular
Fooking awesome!

Its an equal to Halo in every way from what I have played so far and up to press its playing better than Skies of Arcadia. I don't really know where to start...

Anyone who has any queries just ask them one at a time and I will try to answer them. Played about 1 hour so far so I have got a pretty decent grasp of it.

Fire away people :)
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:00
Regular
Fooking awesome!

Its an equal to Halo in every way from what I have played so far and up to press its playing better than Skies of Arcadia. I don't really know where to start...

Anyone who has any queries just ask them one at a time and I will try to answer them. Played about 1 hour so far so I have got a pretty decent grasp of it.

Fire away people :)
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Remember me?"
I played it yesterday in GAME for a bit and found it far better than I thought it would be (seeing as I'm not really into Star Wars or RPG's). It's definately something I'll consider in the near future.
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:03
Regular
Picked up duel swords before I turned it off so I was going around pressing 'Y' just to see him swing them around. This is the ultimate RPG and a kick ass experience thus far.
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Er, 2 little questions: when you speak to people, do they "speak" or is it just text?
And, how would you rate the graphics?
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:07
Regular
Before someone asks yes this is the best Xbox game since Halo. It could even be better than Halo...

I am choosing the good side however I did bribe a shop keeper into giving me 75 credits for a 50 credit bot which broke down so I picked up 1 Dark Side point :)

I am going to start it again though (a tradition of mine as many already know) and I am tempted to choose the darkside because they supposedly pick up Lightsabers before the Jedi's do. I have so far picked up swords and blaster guns but no Lightsabers :( Ah well, good things come to those who wait!
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:08
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> Er, 2 little questions: when you speak to people, do they
> "speak" or is it just text?

Nope they actually talk and you can turn subtitles on or off depending on your preference. You also get to choose how to answer the question as this alters how you turn out in the game.

> And, how would you rate the graphics?

Very nice. Character models are great, the combat is fluid and entertaining and the textures are highly detailed for a game of this size. Haven't ran into copious amounts of slow down however it did slow a teeny weeny bit when exploring the second area.
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:10
Regular
Nice! What about the "freedomity" (is that a word?) of it all?

Like can you walk around and do whatever you want or is it on a set path?
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:13
Regular
Nope you can do what the fook you want. There is a set path like with all games however there are side issues. An example is when you can choose to fight in a little tournament (rather like a one on one fight in front of huge audiences in an underground chamber) and this alters how much money you receive and new people you meet.

Another example is a guy trying to drum up the hate count for the aliens and when you talk to him you can say "lets kill them all" etc (leads you down darkside) or threaten him or leave etc (promotes good side). Usually at least 4 replies will be there from you to choose from. The game lets you do whatever you want providing you are prepared to face the consiquences.
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:15
Regular
"That's right!"
I won it from SR, it officially comes out tomorrow, and they're usually very good at getting you your stuff no release day or even a few days before. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow...
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:15
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Tomorrow can't come soon enough.:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.