GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 3 - First thoughts?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Fri 17/10/03 at 11:40
Regular
Got my copy this morning and played for a bit before I go to uni. Here are my first thoughts:

Training mode is much better. You have to first pass a skill 1 then move on to skill 2 and so on to skill 5 which is pretty damn hard. Ain't managed it yet - Skills include shooting, passing dribbling etc

Gameplay is good but it will take time to get used to

I thought there was a libero grande part to the game?

Team names are all wrong as are some of the player names - guessing a cheat cd will be availble soon

Played round a mates house 2 weeks ago a japanese version and the teams were fully updated - not this one. Sheringham still at spurs, Chelsea team from last year plus duff

Overall good but I prefer Pro evo 2 better for some reason. May change over time though

Peace
Sat 18/10/03 at 21:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
down wrote:
> How many PES points do you get for winning the Asia/Europe/South
> America etc leagues?

Asia-Oceanian - 1000 points
American - 1000 points
African - 1000 points
European - 1500 points
International - 2000 points

International League - 2500 points
Sat 18/10/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Touched!"
Been on the game today with my little bro, i scored a quality free-kick, curled it through a two players in the wall straight into the bottom left hand corner, i've saved it - my second free kick that i've scored now, i also lobbed barthez using O from a free-kick with Lampard, a very cheeky chip - I love this game!
Sat 18/10/03 at 21:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've found this incredible thing you can do in training.

First off go into Free Training with Real Madrid, and then go to Corner Kick (right sided) in the training menu. Set the corner kicker to Zidane, and put either Guti or Roberto Carlos (preferably him) in the position where Makelele normally plays. Taking the corner, turn as far away from the goal as you can, and put as much swerve on the ball as possible to take the ball even further away from the goals.

Then, apply a full power cross, which should avoid all the players in the box, and head perfectly for Guti/Bobby C, who is hovering about 30 yards out, and who can strike and absolutely magnificent left footed volley.

I've not actually managed to score yet, but I hit the post and it bounced out. I saved the replay.
Sat 18/10/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Touched!"
Where are the proper team name lists ? half of the teams i don't have a clue who they are! :(
Sat 18/10/03 at 21:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
This is in order:

Anderlecht
Sparta Prague
Arsenal
Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Chelsea
Everton
Fulham
Leeds United
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Newcastle United
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United
Monaco
AJ Auxerre
Bordeaux
Olympique Lyonnais
Marseille
Paris Saint Germain
Lens
Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
HSV Hamburg
Hertha Berlin
Schalke 04
Werder Bremen
Olympiakos
Panathinaikos
AC Milan
AS Roma
Bologna
Brescia
Chievo Verona
Inter Milan
Juventus
Lazio
Parma
Perugia
Udinese
Ajax Amsterdam
Feyenoord
PSV Eindhoven
Benfica
FC Porto
Sporting Lisbon
Glasgow Celtic
Glasgow Rangers
Atletico Madrid
Real Betis
Celta Vigo
Deportivo La Coruna
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Real Sociedad
Valencia
Fenerbahce
Galatasaray
Dynamo Kiev
WE United
PES United
Sat 18/10/03 at 22:14
Regular
"es argh"
Down, if the graphics are blurred, I assume you're taliing about the highlights?

Well they're meant to be like that, kind of a comic book effect, as if it's been slowed right down.
Sat 18/10/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Touched!"
Cheers, Afro!
Sun 19/10/03 at 00:37
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I missed out on promotion in the damn play offs! And i finished top in the league too!

Not to worry, started the new season now with 3 new players. A new keeper to replace the crap you start with, Wiltord and this other midfielder, all for three! Also got rid of half the crap players i never played.

This season will be mine!
Sun 19/10/03 at 00:38
Regular
"360: swfcman"
all for free!*

Obviously...
Sun 19/10/03 at 00:39
Not the higlights, just the general blurriness of it.

I just unlocked the player swap thing, but it doesn't work!

I got Crespo to Chelsea, then I tried to get Mutu at Chelsea but it wouldn't let me. The Unregistered slot which was white when I put Crespo in changed to grey and it won't swap.

What do I do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.