GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"call of duty modern warfare 2 level no russian should be banned"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2'.
Sat 30/01/10 at 20:15
Regular
"semper fi"
im making this thread about the level no russian on cod mw2 it should be banned what with going around a russian airport horribly murdering innocent civillians with a massive light machine gun so if your like me and think the level no russian should be banned then plz reply
Sun 31/01/10 at 18:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
spoonbeast wrote:
> But the fact that its fiction, i can't really care for it. To
> tell you the truth the whole level was a bit pointless plot wise.
> Might as well shoot makarov in the back and run like hell. But
> no, you're expected to fight and screw up at the end.

@sb

You've 'hit the head on the nail' - a totally worthless level - wouldn't surprise me if the 'forthcoming DLC' aren't based on this:-D

@pete

Made me laugh out loud pb, nice one - add copter gunner and we'd be well away :-D

@hedfix

Exactamondo....
Sun 31/01/10 at 17:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
pokemanic333 wrote:
> it should be banned what with going around a russian airport
> horribly murdering innocent civillians with a massive light
> machine gun.

It should indeed be banned for 'horribly murdering innocent civilians with a massive light machine gun'.A massive light machine gun is totally the wrong tool for the job.You cannot move quick enough and loads of them will escape.An assault rifle with the lightweight perk would be far more suited to this purpose :)
Sun 31/01/10 at 16:06
Regular
"8==="
It's a game.

Nobody even noticed you could murder children in Deus Ex 2 y'know.

and bloody good fun it was too! *Wields crowbar*
Sun 31/01/10 at 15:21
Regular
"eat toast!"
Yeah, No russian was a new idea and i too turned on the cvilians once in a while to relieve boredom of walking so slowly through it. Personally, i didn't care. This wasn't real life, this was fiction, movies do it and i would be disgusted and outraged if it did happen in real life.

But the fact that its fiction, i can't really care for it. To tell you the truth the whole level was a bit pointless plot wise. Might as well shoot makarov in the back and run like hell. But no, you're expected to fight and screw up at the end.
Sun 31/01/10 at 14:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
HM wrote:

> I kind of felt what you said. But at the same time, a shrug of
> the shoulders from me would have just indicated it's there
> (whether you like it or not) and it message may just be an
> indication on what life has become. Sorry if it appeared that I
> was implying that you had malice towards people - it was just
> meant to be general statement.

No probs, HM - knew what you meant:-) Life for some these days, does seem to have become worthless and expendable - me, I have every respect for it and certainly don't like to see people waste it needlessly on some sort of 'whim', so to speak.
Sun 31/01/10 at 14:15
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Dragonlance wrote:
> I think everybody must have felt uneasy at the idea when the
> character first enters the terminal, but I think that we all
> carried on as you say.

It did feel wrong, but in a fun sort of way. Very strange I have to say!

> Was it necessary to the story-line - probably not in hindsight -
> don't think I gave it a second thought as I continued through the
> game.

I think that's where I took a disliking to it. Perhaps it was interesting to some extent to see what had happened - but as the level was so short, they could have made it a cutscene.

> As for it being a publicity stunt, I didn't know about it until
> I'd already bought the game and found the option at the beginning
> of the single-player to be strange ie why would I not want to
> play all the levels, that's why I bought it, so I clicked through
> not knowing what it was related to:-)

I honestly didn't know about it either - until it was brought up here (you see I didn't dive straight into the campaign...). It may have had some publicity to the effect that those who hadn't yet bought the game now would just to see how controversial it is.

> Shrug of shoulders :-|
>
> It's probably a sad fact of life. We all hate each other...
>
> The 'shrug of shoulders' was implying a sort of 'well there you
> have it' type of attitude, it certainly wasn't indicating any
> malice to my fellow man. Sort of - if you don't like it, don't
> eat it, don't watch it, don't read it etc etc.

I kind of felt what you said. But at the same time, a shrug of the shoulders from me would have just indicated it's there (whether you like it or not) and it message may just be an indication on what life has become. Sorry if it appeared that I was implying that you had malice towards people - it was just meant to be general statement.

> Since MW2's initial controversy, can't say I've heard anymore
> about it:-)
Sun 31/01/10 at 13:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
HM wrote:
> Very true. I did find it in bad taste, but decided to play
> through. It was hardly necesary to include it, but I guess it
> added controversy which pushed it's publicity.

I think everybody must have felt uneasy at the idea when the character first enters the terminal, but I think that we all carried on as you say.

Was it necessary to the story-line - probably not in hindsight - don't think I gave it a second thought as I continued through the game.

As for it being a publicity stunt, I didn't know about it until I'd already bought the game and found the option at the beginning of the single-player to be strange ie why would I not want to play all the levels, that's why I bought it, so I clicked through not knowing what it was related to:-)

> Funnily enough, I did too. It was time to vent some anger on the
> general public in a safe and controlled environement (the
> validity of that statement is slightly off - I had several
> russians wanting me to do it and police and SWAT guys firing at
> me...but you get the idea)
>
>
> It's probably a sad fact of life. We all hate each other...

The 'shrug of shoulders' was implying a sort of 'well there you have it' type of attitude, it certainly wasn't indicating any malice to my fellow man. Sort of - if you don't like it, don't eat it, don't watch it, don't read it etc etc.

Since MW2's initial controversy, can't say I've heard anymore about it:-)
Sun 31/01/10 at 12:32
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Dragonlance wrote:
> First and foremost, the opportunity to not play this level
> appears at the beginning of the single player game - it's an
> individual's choice.

Very true. I did find it in bad taste, but decided to play through. It was hardly necesary to include it, but I guess it added controversy which pushed it's publicity.

> Second, quoting Jesse Stern, Modern Warfare 2 writer, about the
> No Russian terrorist mission:
>
> "Every single person in testing opened fire on the crowd,
> which is human nature."

Funnily enough, I did too. It was time to vent some anger on the general public in a safe and controlled environement (the validity of that statement is slightly off - I had several russians wanting me to do it and police and SWAT guys firing at me...but you get the idea)

It's probably a sad fact of life. We all hate each other...
Sun 31/01/10 at 12:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pokemanic333 wrote:
> im making this thread about the level no russian on cod mw2 it
> should be banned what with going around a russian airport
> horribly murdering innocent civillians with a massive light
> machine gun so if your like me and think the level no russian
> should be banned then plz reply

First and foremost, the opportunity to not play this level appears at the beginning of the single player game - it's an individual's choice.

Second, quoting Jesse Stern, Modern Warfare 2 writer, about the No Russian terrorist mission:

"Every single person in testing opened fire on the crowd, which is human nature."

Shrug of shoulders :-|
Sat 30/01/10 at 20:15
Regular
"semper fi"
im making this thread about the level no russian on cod mw2 it should be banned what with going around a russian airport horribly murdering innocent civillians with a massive light machine gun so if your like me and think the level no russian should be banned then plz reply

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.