GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cricket Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/01/07 at 11:46
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A thread to discuss cricket incase anyone else is a fan like me.
Page:
Thu 07/06/07 at 20:39
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Ramparkash?!!!

I'd definitely put Trescothick back in, he's the one on fire, just made another century for somerset, this time a 182, and he's a proven performer at this level.
Thu 07/06/07 at 17:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Still a bit to do to make a score which is reasonably defendable. I'd think 300 would be nice after the situation they were in.
Thu 07/06/07 at 15:37
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
This isn't looking too great for England, 5 wickets down with under 200 runs up. Hopefully Bell and Prior can get them back on track.

Hmm... Strauss doesn't perform again. Time to put him back into county cricket my opinion. I'd get Ramprakash in the squad, he's playing great at the moment.
Thu 31/05/07 at 10:12
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I'd drop Strauss before Collingwood and probably before Bell too. I just heard this morning on the news that Flintoff maybe a doubt for bowling entirely and I can't see him being brought in as a batsman alone after his recent performances.
Wed 30/05/07 at 00:44
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I would probably think of dropping Strauss if Trescothick comes back. I'd certainly pick Collingwood ahead of Strauss. When Flintoff comes back, a batsman would have to give way because I would think they would protect him by not making him bowl many overs.

I just think Collingwood is too valuable. He's England's best fielder, a proven batsman who has scored a double century for England in tests and decent bowler if you want something different or injury hits the team during a game.
Tue 29/05/07 at 23:52
"LOLLERSKATES!"
The Question then is who goes when Flintoff returns? A batsmen or a bowler? Logically I think a batsmen will go as England seem to prefer a five pronged bowling attack, especially with the mis-firing of Harmison, the inconsistency of Plunkett, and of course England should be careful not to over-bowl Flintoff.

Also, Hoggard has to return, so one of the bowlers will probably go, not to mention when Simon Jones makes his long awaited return, although I can't see that happening in this series, the same with Trescothick.

When Hoggard and Flintoff are fit I think the England team should be something like:

Strauss
Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Collingwood/Bell
Flintoff
Prior
Sidebottom/Plunkett
Hoggard
Harmison
Panesar

I could see Bell being drop due to Collingwood also being a competent bowler. Not sure about Plunkett and Sidebottom, I think Sidebottom should stay after his performance in the second test and the fact he offers something different.

However, If Trescothick comes back, I'd drop Collingwood (Or Bell) and have an England batting line up of:

Trescothick
Cook
Vaughan
Strauss
Pietersen

Even though I doubt Trescothick will come back, and if he does it's more likely top be for ODI's.
Mon 28/05/07 at 17:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
That was a crushing victory for England. Very good with the bat and ball. It's a shame that Sarwan got injured. He may have motivated the team for a better fight but there wasn't much to be pleased about for the West Indies. Only really Bravo's knock in the 2nd innings was a good point.
Mon 28/05/07 at 15:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, the West Indies are really in trouble now by the looks of things. Very well done to Sidebottom; Windies currently 72-5.
Sat 26/05/07 at 14:28
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Fantastic knock from Pietersen, his top score so far, nice to see him lash out after he passed the 200 too. Again, solid batting from Prior to reach a good 75 from 99 balls, looks like he's got a pretty safe place in the team as the wicket keeper. Even Plunkett had a good bat, with 44 from 48 balls, however flukey some of his shots may have been it's nice to see him getting a big score, proving sometimes England's tail can wag.
Fri 25/05/07 at 18:38
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Some late movement spoilt the day a bit but still another good performance with the bat for England.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.