GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cricket Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/01/07 at 11:46
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A thread to discuss cricket incase anyone else is a fan like me.
Page:
Wed 21/03/07 at 01:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
South Africa V Australia will be to top the group. Scotland got a decent total for them but South Africa got that pretty quickly.

New Zealand got the job done against Kenya, so they are through. It also means that England V Kenya will be for the place in the Super 8's.
Wed 21/03/07 at 13:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Grandprix wrote:

> New Zealand got the job done against Kenya, so they are through.
> It also means that England V Kenya will be for the place in the
> Super 8's.

At least it's in our hands and I think (hope!) it'll be a straight forward win for us although I hope we don't bat conservatively and are more positive in our approach.

If / when we get through a win against NZ would have been a massive boost for us and I can see us struggling so I think it will be touch and go as to whether we get to the semis.
Wed 21/03/07 at 22:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ireland are officially through now after Zimbabwe lost to Pakistan.

Sri Lanka made mincemeat out of Bangladesh and that's going to make the final games in that group very interesting. Sri Lanka V India and Bangladesh V Bermuda.
Thu 22/03/07 at 21:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Both games today were throw away games as they didn't really mean much. No surprises to see New Zealand win against Canada, although they put up a good fight. New Zealand just solidified their place at the top of the group.

Scotland lost comprehensively to the Netherlands and Scotland go home without a point from the competition, which is disappointing.
Fri 23/03/07 at 23:00
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
India are almost out now after defeat to Sri Lanka. Only a Bermuda win against Bangladesh can save them now, I think.

West Indies eased past Ireland and they'll be in a good position heading into the Super 8's.
Sat 24/03/07 at 22:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
England were professional in their victory against Kenya. Nothing too flashy and they bowled reasonably well. England play Ireland in the first game of the Super 8's.

Australia hit yet another high score and managed to hold off the South Africa onslaught. I was thinking the chase was definitely on at one point. They just lost a bunch of wickets at the wrong time.
Sun 25/03/07 at 22:55
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Bangladesh beat Bermuda in a rain affected match that was stop start for most of the day. It was a 21 over match in the end and Bangladesh have knocked India out to advance to the Super 8's.

That means that the teams in the Super 8's are:

Australia
South Africa
New Zealand
England
Ireland
West Indies
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

Australia, New Zealand, West Indies and Sri Lanka start with 2 points after victories against the other qualifying side from their groups. They won't play them in the Super 8 stage.

I think it could be pretty close to get in the top 4, possibly going to run rate.
Thu 29/03/07 at 00:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
An easy win for Australia in the end. They've scored 300+ runs in each of their matches so far.

South Africa were close to messing up but they fell over the line in the end. 4 wickets in 4 balls from Malinga is an amazing achievement.
Thu 29/03/07 at 00:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
How is that bowling action not illegal? It's almost side-on and resembles a baseball pitch
Thu 29/03/07 at 22:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
His action must have been looked at because there were a few over the years with suspect actions.

New Zealand beat the West Indies quite easily. West Indies lost wickets at regular intervals and New Zealand comfortably reached the target.

It puts a bit of pressure on the West Indies now. Can't really afford to lose games like this and losing fairly heavily.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.