GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If everything in life was free..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 21:10
Regular
I have been thinking about this for a long time now and I really think it would work but it would completely change the world. If everything was free.

It may he hard to get your head round it at first, but just think how good our lives would be if we didnt have to pay for anything...

... Thought about it? well I'll start with food, becuase it was in a supermarket when I thought of it...

In the world where everything was free.

You go shopping for food, and you can take whatever you want, and how much you want of everything. But we have the problem of supermarkets running out of food, so they have rules like you cant take more than 20 loafs of bread and things like that. But you then think how will the supermarkets buy the food to keep it in stock? That is the first hurdle mankind would have to overcome. You dont have to buy anything! nothing costs money. Ah but if you buy a tin of tomato soup. first the tin needs to be mined and that's expensive, no it isnt because the machinary and work force is free, it costs no money. So we have free tin, it then goes to factories and the electricity for the factory and the work force and the building was free so no money needed there and we have tins for the soup.
Now there isnt any money needed for fertiliser and seeds so our ingrediants for the soup is free. So the entire food is free, no costs. You can build your own house, because it wont cost you to have it as lavish as possible.

You see If everything was free, then our lives would be a whole lot better, you would have to have a job to take (mustn't use that work buy) things from shops, and there's your only problem solved.

Just think about it and it will all make sense!

Seeya
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:10
I have been thinking about this for a long time now and I really think it would work but it would completely change the world. If everything was free.

It may he hard to get your head round it at first, but just think how good our lives would be if we didnt have to pay for anything...

... Thought about it? well I'll start with food, becuase it was in a supermarket when I thought of it...

In the world where everything was free.

You go shopping for food, and you can take whatever you want, and how much you want of everything. But we have the problem of supermarkets running out of food, so they have rules like you cant take more than 20 loafs of bread and things like that. But you then think how will the supermarkets buy the food to keep it in stock? That is the first hurdle mankind would have to overcome. You dont have to buy anything! nothing costs money. Ah but if you buy a tin of tomato soup. first the tin needs to be mined and that's expensive, no it isnt because the machinary and work force is free, it costs no money. So we have free tin, it then goes to factories and the electricity for the factory and the work force and the building was free so no money needed there and we have tins for the soup.
Now there isnt any money needed for fertiliser and seeds so our ingrediants for the soup is free. So the entire food is free, no costs. You can build your own house, because it wont cost you to have it as lavish as possible.

You see If everything was free, then our lives would be a whole lot better, you would have to have a job to take (mustn't use that work buy) things from shops, and there's your only problem solved.

Just think about it and it will all make sense!

Seeya
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:33
Somehow, that doesn't look confusing and it could work, although I am sure someone here will realise that it actually won't work!
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:36
So if we give something akin to Communism a go then our problems are solved ? ;) *shivers*

I can't be bothered to go all technical but you'd have a world far worse than any of us can imagine, in my opinion anyway. What anyone else think ?
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:12
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I thought about this a while ago, and realised it couldn't work. Why? Because we're all too lazy.

It's fine to say that the ore to make the metal from is free, but who mines that ore? Workers. What do you pay them with? If everything's free, there's nothing of any value that you could give them. Can you really expect everyone to work out of the kindness of their hearts?

People would complain - "Why do I get stuck down in a mine when he just has to sit on a checkout?". They'd strike, and demand something. What could they demand? Everything's free..

There would be an equally large amount of people who just wouldn't work - they have no reason to, they don't need to earn anything, so they assume someone else could do it. Oh dear, everyone's waiting for someone else...nothing happens.

It could also throw the whole of society in to chaos - with no money, what would distinguish classes? Intellegence? Education? People wouldn't agree on who deserved it. A classless system may sound nice in theory, but no-one would have the power to tell other people what to do. If we did have one set governing body, you or I could be unhappy with a decision they made, go along and pick up our nice free M16, and pop them off..

Of course, guns would be free as well, that sound like a nice society to live in? You couldn't ban production, there would always be people still keeping them, the technology to make them would be around - how does anyone stop them if no-one has authority. They don't, and so the country becomes overrun with terrorists.

Education? That can go out of the window...aside from a few individuals who want to learn to make themselves well rounded individuals, who would bother with school? You don't need the skills to get you a job, everything's free..

So what do we end up with? A society run by terrorists, full of uneducated people with no-one to rule them, no-one going out doing the work, and nothing to reward people with...see the problems now?
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:46
I knew there would be someone who would realise that this wouldn't work! Good Stuff Reaper!
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:53
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Er so what you are saying is we should go to work for free. Why the hell should I work when I'm doing it for free. MM... I could be an indemand teacher or a dustbin man.. I wonder what I'll be..
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:54
Nice jobs Rakuga

lol
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:12
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
See my point? This is people..
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:27
I agree with what you have said. It wouldn't work!
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:38
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
FACT: Communism has worked in Cuba. Despite having sanctions form America they have a better health service than ours. You go into a hospital and you are seen by a doctor straight away and get the care you need. Even though the doctor gets next to nothing.

Remember, most anti-communist feeling come from books like 1984 and Brave new world (which I absolutely love)... but nothing in these books is more likely to come into use under communism than capitolism

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.