GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who reads NOM?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 14:01
Regular
Just wunderin' if any of you fella's read the Nintendo Official Magazine.

It has all the best news, reviews and stuff!
Sat 14/07/01 at 17:34
Regular
Actually they gave Carmegeddon 8% and 0/5 in their star ratings....

NOM is a great magazine as it appeals to all ages and is an easy read. It is also official and so all information given has to be correct to time of print.

N64 magazine is better as it gives more accurate reviews (because they don't have to follow set rules from Nintendo). All the cheats DO work even though the mag is unofficial and most of the news is printed in their first even though NOM claim to be 'First, biggest and best for Nintendo Exclusives....'

GBX magazine beats N64 magazine for the Game Boy stuff. I mean 6 issues free if you phone the number inside!!! No catches (other than a 3 minute call with a charge of £1.50 a min). All cheats do work and there is a mixture of Gameshark (Action Replay to be precise) codes and normal codes. The magazine is unbeatable as it covers ALL Game Boy formats and gives away a video every month! So not only do you get 6 great magazines for free, you also get 6 great videos showing the games in motion! Beat that N64 mag!
Sat 14/07/01 at 17:23
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
That would be good, but if you compare the prices of making cartridges to the price of CD's you will see why they don't do them. CD's cost a few pence to make for the magazine but the cartridges would cost a lot more due to the difficulty to program them.
And also, I really don't like that magazine due to the South Park incident! They rated it as being absolutely brilliant (like Carmageddon 64 which is also crap) so I bought it, but when I played it I saw that the levels were too long, it was too hard and the final boss was indestructable!! My advice is to buy unnoficial magazines like N64 magazine 'cos they can truthfully rate games without having to lie.... Carmageddon 64 has been rated the worst N64 game ever and has recieved a whopping 0%!!
Sat 14/07/01 at 07:56
Regular
"DS..."
Fri 13/07/01 at 18:08
Nintendo needs to give its license to Future publishers. They would never let such a shoddy magazine near the public.
Fri 13/07/01 at 17:15
After a lil' think - won't only NOM be allowed to give away the demo discs?

If they do, I probably will start buying it!
Hopefully they will shape up their act!
Fri 13/07/01 at 16:07
I read NOM in WHSmiths, I never buy it though...it will be nice when we get Coverdiscs though...oooh I can hardly wait.
Fri 13/07/01 at 14:47
once the gamecube is in its prime, i'm sure the pages will increase to over 130!
Fri 13/07/01 at 13:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
slik wrote:
> whatever, i coudn't care less what you say about NOM but whatever
> you say won't convert me into buying a different magazine, in my
> opinion NOM is the best Nintendo magazine that you can buy we
> obviously agree to disagree so let's just leave it at that,
> ok?
slik ?_?

I used to read it, then after they reviewed south park and gave it a star rating, i went and bought the game. Well it was a load of s***. needless to say i never bought that magazine again, they give everything good reviews so that the games sell. Disgracefull, it really is. Now i read N64 magazine, and now that is slowly dying, when i first bought it, it was 124 pages long, now it is only 100 :(
Fri 13/07/01 at 13:09
Regular
"DS..."
whatever, i coudn't care less what you say about NOM but whatever you say won't convert me into buying a different magazine, in my opinion NOM is the best Nintendo magazine that you can buy we obviously agree to disagree so let's just leave it at that, ok?
slik ?_?
Fri 13/07/01 at 12:31
Regular
"not dead"
Note Nintendo do not print NOM, they just handed out the 'Official' license.

I'm sure if they knew exactly what was in it they wouldn't be overly amused.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.