GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films/television programmes would make great game ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Tue 09/10/01 at 16:00
Good idea, But Surley Not Good For People With Epilepsy ?
Mon 08/10/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I know ths is unrelated to the topic I started but here is a agme idea I thiought of a few seconds ago.

Distracted: a game that does its best to distract you from a seemingly easy task
example the game switches from colur to black and white regularly, the picture suffers from interference generated by the game, little pretend advert windows pop up, the music changes wildly the screen goes blank.........
I dont think it would realy matter what the tasks were as long as you can make it to complete them.
Thu 04/10/01 at 18:56
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
good suggestion

Here is the stupidest programme I have seen in america:
who wants to be a princess
somehow I cant see a game being made out of this.
other shows that hopefully never be made into games :
big brother, survivor, jailbreak (an escpe from alcatraz game might be good, but nothing based around this show, although the show itself was ok....).
Thu 04/10/01 at 16:40
Indian Jones would be a good one
Wed 03/10/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Fogmaster wrote:
> sideshow buzz wrote:
> I've moved up from 75th to 56th on the top posters of
> the last 30 days in one
> night!

well theres only one reason for that and
> this forum is a great example, stop spamming, write all your info in one box,
> please.

excuse me but who are you to criticise my posts!
1. I am not a huge offender at spamming, I try to keep my posts as short as necessary, sometimes I think of something else to say a few minutes later theres no rule against posting again is there?
2. look at some of the topics in the chat forum lots of those are spam.
3. I do not keep my posts artificially high by continually posting on the longest thread world record attempt or post one or two word posts, I try to write things worth reading and not skipping past (with the exception of some of the posts in here)
4. I don't post insults about people
5.is this not supposed to be a "fun" thing and you are allowed to post what you want within reason

and who can actually say that 100% of all their post are serious and game related?
Wed 03/10/01 at 17:50
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
sideshow buzz wrote:
> I've moved up from 75th to 56th on the top posters of the last 30 days in one
> night!

well theres only one reason for that and this forum is a great example, stop spamming, write all your info in one box, please.
Wed 03/10/01 at 01:42
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
sideshow buzz wrote:
> I've moved up from 75th to 56th on the top posters of the last 30 days in one
> night!

Well done thats quite good

Only 50 more posts and you will be a regular

Wahoooo!
Wed 03/10/01 at 01:38
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
you could have to hit the buttons hard to make yasmin run faster and watch her ........ bobble up and down

A Quantum Leap game would still be good :D
Wed 03/10/01 at 01:10
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I've moved up from 75th to 56th on the top posters of the last 30 days in one night!
Wed 03/10/01 at 01:08
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
if the game were ever made (however unlikely that would be)
it would be good to have a digitised Yasmine Bleeth, carmen electra..............
however for the ladies there would only be mitch, hoby that older guy who no-one knows his name and some of the male lifeguards whose names I don't recall either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.