GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films/television programmes would make great game ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Tue 27/11/01 at 22:41
hiyo!.....somthings bothering me and i was wondering if the anime Trigun was ever made into a game, either past or possibel future...anyone who knows a lot about jap games should be able to help me.....cheers! :-)
Tue 27/11/01 at 17:07
Following from the undoubted genius of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (It must have taken almost minutes to produce, yet sold shedloads for ages), it's clear to me that what's needed are more games based on tv gameshows. But not those prime-time, big money efforts. They're far too passe now. What I'm looking for is definitely the next step forward in computer games, imagine getting comfy on the sofa, , powering up your console/home computer of choice, turning the lights off and sitting down for an intense session of Ready, Steady, Cook. You get to choose one of eight celebrity chefs, each with their own annoying mannerisms, then you have to decide what to do with a list of randomly generated ingredients brought to you by a bored housewife. Will you fry those turnips? Or maybe mash them? Perhaps you'll gently combine them with some chocolate on a low heat, before making a roux, bringing it all together and flavouring with a touch of ground goat's gnads. Oooh the excitement. A Challenge mode could set you specific meals to cook, or perhaps give you unusual sets of ingredients ("In my shopping bag is 4 kilo's of spinach and a human head"), only by completing all of these will you be able to unlock various store cupboards, giving you access to more spices, utensils stupid hats. The final challenge will unlock the ultimate secret..........Fern Britten, instead of Ainsley Harriot, as host. Fantastic. A hideously expensive expansion pack will allow you to upgrade to Celebrity RSC, which is exactly the same, but with F-list celeb's each individually rendered and motion captured, including; Him off that soap, Her who was in that film, Him who used to be in Grange Hill and That one...oooh, you know...had blonde hair before, opened that supermarket down the road, you remember?
Mon 26/11/01 at 19:13
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Solskjaer_24 wrote:
> The Matrix would make an excellent game!!! It's supposed to be happening next
> year, apparently, and it should be amazing, being able to use the technology of
> 3/4 years ago, on the next-gen. consoles of tommorow should make one incredible
> action packed game!!! You could have the well-known, brilliant 'bullet-time'
> action seen in the film and Max Payne, along with loads of other great
> effects!!!!!

I also, don't think the forthcoming prequels are going to be as
> great as the origional.

Whoops!!! I meant sequels of course!!
Mon 26/11/01 at 19:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The Matrix would make an excellent game!!! It's supposed to be happening next year, apparently, and it should be amazing, being able to use the technology of 3/4 years ago, on the next-gen. consoles of tommorow should make one incredible action packed game!!! You could have the well-known, brilliant 'bullet-time' action seen in the film and Max Payne, along with loads of other great effects!!!!!

I also, don't think the forthcoming prequels are going to be as great as the origional.
Sun 25/11/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
The great escape:
plan your escape route and carry out the plan to try to get the maximum number of people out of the prison place. Take on different layouts and locations on different escape missions.
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:32
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I dug this up from this topic:

sideshow buzz wrote:
> baywatch the game:
save people - mitch's ego grows and chest hair expands
fail
> - hoby's voice begins to break in the company of the female lifeguards
jetski
> rides, foil the criminals plots (mitch's ego boosts and becomes more attractive
> to the ladies)
Thu 22/11/01 at 14:56
Regular
Annoying celebrity hit list.

A 2-d fighting game.

Battle against the likes of Vannessa Feltz, Craig David, Frank Bruno, Harold Bishop (neighbours), lead singer out of the light house family etc etc (the list is endless)

You fight your way through all of these in order to defeat the master- H from steps.

The end sequence can be with all of their heads on sticks and the whole world rejoicing.
Thu 22/11/01 at 13:44
Regular
Leftback wrote:
> The genius of a Baywatch game.
You'd have to incorporate those
> "features" slyly so it would not get an 18 certificate.

Thanks for you're support, but how on earth would you do this slyly?
Wed 21/11/01 at 21:36
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
slideshow buzz wrote:
> Has there been an inspector gadget game.
Go go gadget helicopter.
Go go gadget
> skates.
Would make a fun game.

I think there is an Inspector gadget game on the gameboy.
Wed 21/11/01 at 21:35
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
The genius of a Baywatch game.
You'd have to incorporate those "features" slyly so it would not get an 18 certificate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.