GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films/television programmes would make great game ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Tue 20/11/01 at 14:18
Regular
Baywatch, WHAT AN IDEA!

You could have a role playing game, you could choose from old and new characters..AHH Ereka Eleniak, Nicole Eggert etc. They could all have their own special powers like:

Glass cutting nipples
Floating breasts
Toxic pubic hair
...the possibilities are endless (well..to me anyway)

You could have sub games like;

big breast compitition
Wobbly breast compitition
(you see where I am going here)

Secret levels where you can see how hard you can kick mitch in the balls.

You could have speed boats, jet ski's give Pamela a piggy back (sorry, im getting excited again).

Give this man a medal, Im off to watch my Baywatch videos...Some people step into the darkness afraid to step into the light..Lah lah lah lah
Sat 17/11/01 at 02:11
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Has there been an inspector gadget game.
Go go gadget helicopter.
Go go gadget skates.
Would make a fun game.
Mon 12/11/01 at 21:41
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
The fugitive: either take the part of the U.S marshalls in the capture of a wanted criminal, or the part of a wrongly convicted escapee on the run from the law enforcement agency. Taking scenarios from the films the Fugitive (the Harrison Ford version) and U.S Marshalls.
The dam jumping bit in the fugitive would be better than the high dive part in zelda or the bungee jump in goldeneye.
Plenty of room for some on trains/subway action, car chases, on foot chases. Helicopter searches for the U.S marshalls with the task of keeping track of the fugitive in urban areas.
Mon 12/11/01 at 21:08
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Baywatch (recurring theme there)
Knight rider (might be making a comeback)
Rush hour 1+2
The Simpsons (if only they can make a decent game of this)
You've been framed (a make your own set up video generator)
Andromeda
Farscape
Monty Python (have been games before)
Fri 02/11/01 at 12:58
four words....
Crouching tiger hidden dragon
Fri 02/11/01 at 00:42
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I missed this one out.

Smallville
You could start out playing as Clark Kent just as his powers start to kick in, so he wouldn't be the all powerful supes from the start. As the levels got tougher your powers would grow and so the chances of people discovering his secret would increase. So stealth heroism would be the main style of play.
Plot details could be taken from the show (its only just airing here so I won't spoil it for anyone, not that I have had a chance to watch a full episode yet.)
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:16
"MMMMM, Chicken"
I have a post on this topic entitled films/tv show dying to be made into games, it includes the show, the type of game, and a possibility score. Check it out.
Tue 30/10/01 at 18:15
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Just as I have nothing better to do.

Nash Bridges.
It has the right ingrediants in terms of story lines (pick one of many variations on the nash likes to do stuff not exacttly by the rule book but gets the desired results and hence ges suspended or has to clear his name or the name of a fellow officer).
Action: fast cars, chases, shoot outs.......
not to mention the possibility of some martial arts courtesy of Kelly Hu, and Yasmine Bleeth in there somewhere too.

Martial law:
I don't know if any of you have seen this on channel 5, but it is fun watching it and would be good as a game because you could play as any of the characters in it, starring Sammo Hung, Arsenio Hall, Kelly Hu (again) and the others.
A mix of fighting styles included and some crazy set pieces would mke a good action game.
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:01
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
My roommate has just bought a tv for our room (he is only here for one semester so it doesn't make sense him buying it now) this means I can watch tv again: enterprise, buffy the vampire slayer and all the other new shows out here.
tv show idea for a game:
A war based game set in ww1 or 2 using details from the spate of new war dramas here such as Band of Brothers.
Tue 09/10/01 at 21:13
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
no strobe lighting in the game. or flashing graphics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.