GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Got this with my Xbox a couple of weeks back only to ignore. For me it just didn't live up to all the hype and after discussing this with Notorious Biggles I though I would go back and give it another go. Well after playing it a second time round I must say its truly...amazing. After getting past where I got to last time (343 Guilty Spark) it was time to take on The Libary. After many people saying it was the worst level in the game I really cant see how. It was the level that introduced the hardcore shooter it is known for.

All those Flood just running at you its immense. At the moment im on the last bit with that massive 3km drive to the ship in a Warthog.

Great is all I can say now I see why its rated so highly.
Tue 13/07/04 at 22:56
Regular
Grabbed wasn't knocked out quickly - development (or planning, I'm not sure) was started in 2000 for the Cube. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either - compared to the likes of Diddy Kong Racing and Blast Corps I found it fairly underwhelming. I like Rare's humour, but it seemed like they triedto make a whole game out of it, which doesn't work.
Tue 13/07/04 at 22:53
"I love yo... lamp."
"The men". Wasn't it only three of them that left Rare to form Free Radical? And what of those that did Perfect Dark? It was mostly different staff that did Perfect Dark compared to Goldeneye, new lead programmer, producer etc.

Grabbed By The Ghoulies was fairly decent I thought and not bad for something knocked out quickly. Starfox Adventures lost something through Nintendo interfering, changing the characters and delaying it from the N64 to Gamecube. I'd have put in half ass effort if I knew I was leaving soon.
Tue 13/07/04 at 22:45
Regular
I don't disagree - Bad Fur Day was a good game, and I'll probably get Reloaded when it comes out. It's just a little underwhelming to see that their next outing will be a remake.
Tue 13/07/04 at 22:41
Regular
Conker looks awesome, still not sure about Kameo.
Tue 13/07/04 at 22:39
Regular
I wouldn't call that a decent excuse.

Their GBA conversions/games are said to be awful, Starfox Adventures was a huge disappointment and I've heard Grabbed by the Ghoulies wasn't anything special. Combine that with the shake up of staff that saw the men behind Goldeneye forming Free Radical Design, and I think their a shadow of what they once were.

Kameo's looking alright, but Conker's a mere remake.
Tue 13/07/04 at 18:40
Regular
"8==="
Mav wrote:
> Dakarus Joe wrote:
> But RARE are the greatest 3rd party developer on the planet.
>
> Not any more...

Their early releases on a console (I'm going from the 64 here) have been less than great IMO.

Killer Instinct
Blast Corps
Diddy Kong Racing

Then later on we saw some proper games:

Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
CBFD
JFG
DK64

Rare need time with a console.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:21
Regular
Pit Fighter was genius. I can't understand how anyone could make a game so bad.
Tue 13/07/04 at 10:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Everyone knows that Pit Fighter was the best beat-em-up ever - it had photo-real graphics, for God's sake!
Mon 12/07/04 at 23:27
Regular
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> But RARE are the greatest 3rd party developer on the planet.

Not any more...
Mon 12/07/04 at 21:30
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
going a little off track people, this is a halo thread. no fighters destiny should be even mentioned in the presence of the almighty halo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.