GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Tue 14/09/04 at 06:44
Regular
Rocks :D

Seriously, it does. But what happened to the 2-Player co-op? I can only find a battle mode. Or isn't there a co-op mode?

I thought there was.

Anyhoo, this game is fantastic. Still keeps the charm of the original, but with the addition of cool new Pikmin races and loss of time limit. The controls seem a little easier too.

Shame on those of you waiting for the UK release - IMPORT IT!!
Tue 05/10/04 at 03:46
Regular
5 days away :D can't wait.
Sun 03/10/04 at 13:45
Regular
Pikmin is a puzzler come stratagy come adventure.

It isn't just a game where you "collect things"... you have to build an army and use them in the right way.

It is a very simple and clever game.

I'm thinking something went seriously wrong during your play time of the game if you didn't enjoy it. It was so refreshing.
Tue 28/09/04 at 13:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Saying Mario is just about jumping is like saying Goldeneye is just about shooting.

At the end of the day, these games are classic because of a perfectly balanced blend of level design, excitement and control system. A game doesn't necessarily have to be something different, or contain several new ideas, but it just has to execute what it does do brilliantly. Guess what? Goldeneye and Mario both do everything as if it were nothing.
Tue 28/09/04 at 09:49
Regular
But Mario isn't 'just jumping', it's about amazing level design a true sense of progression.

Pikmin isn't about telling people to pick things up, that's just the aim of the game. Gameplay wise it is very innovative, it's not just a crappy RTS with carrots, it's like a platformer in the sense that your Pikmin must overcome certain obstacles with your help, like an adventure in that you have to search find each item and the throwing mechanic is genius, you have to actually think about where your 'troops' are going to attack from, instead of just sending in wave after wave of the little fellas.

Then there's the fact that you have to be managing a number of things at the same time, under a time limit and the different Pikmin's abilities mean you'll always have to watch out for things they're vulnrable towards.

But if just saw it as getting small carrot-men to go and collect things for you, maybe that's why you didn't enjoy it. Once you scratch beyond the surface Pikmin has a lot of depth to. I must have completed it about 3-4 times now, even when I have well over 50 games. Surely that's saying something.
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
It bleeding worked mind didn't it. Who cares if the concept is only 'jumping', that game is legendary.
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:18
Regular
The first Marios were "just jumping" and although it may have been original, once, it's not now, is it?

I'm not saying that's what it is, but that's the concept, and that concept is not original.
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:10
Regular
munn wrote:
> OK then, tell me what it really is?
> I mean if that's not what you're doing in the game, then no wonder I
> had no idea why it was supposed to be good, I was obviously
> doing the wrong thing.

Okay, so Super Mario Bros. is just jumping right? Metroid just killing things? Goldeneye just shooting?

If you think that all there is to Pikmin is "telling people to collect things" then your opinion really doesn't matter.
Mon 27/09/04 at 20:20
Regular
Sounds so much more fun than the first one.

[Edit: that sounds a bit sarcastic, I wasn't being sarcastic, it does sound more fun]
Mon 27/09/04 at 20:12
Regular
Bomb rocks are now weapons of your enemies I'm afraid, along with laser guided missiles and giant boulders...
Mon 27/09/04 at 18:59
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> tphi wrote:
> ßulle†† wrote:
> As great as both Pikmins are, was there any specific reason why the
> Yellow Pikmin's bombs are not included in 2?
>
> No bomb-rocks? :|
>
> There are bomb rocks, but you can't pick them up anymore.

How does that work then?

Throw a kamikaze on-fire Pikmin onto the stationary bomb-rock and watch the fireworks?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.