GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Tue 14/09/04 at 06:44
Regular
Rocks :D

Seriously, it does. But what happened to the 2-Player co-op? I can only find a battle mode. Or isn't there a co-op mode?

I thought there was.

Anyhoo, this game is fantastic. Still keeps the charm of the original, but with the addition of cool new Pikmin races and loss of time limit. The controls seem a little easier too.

Shame on those of you waiting for the UK release - IMPORT IT!!
Tue 14/09/04 at 06:44
Regular
Rocks :D

Seriously, it does. But what happened to the 2-Player co-op? I can only find a battle mode. Or isn't there a co-op mode?

I thought there was.

Anyhoo, this game is fantastic. Still keeps the charm of the original, but with the addition of cool new Pikmin races and loss of time limit. The controls seem a little easier too.

Shame on those of you waiting for the UK release - IMPORT IT!!
Tue 14/09/04 at 20:45
Regular
Anyone? Does a co-op game exist? As a hidden game maybe - because it's not on the main screen and I was under the impression there was such a feature.
Tue 14/09/04 at 20:59
Regular
From what I've ehard there isn't a co-op mode; I'm sure that was one of IGN's complaints in their review. Could be wrong though.

Can't wait. :-D
Tue 14/09/04 at 21:51
Regular
Purple Pikmin are the nuts.

Watch out for the sumo dance.
Wed 15/09/04 at 08:29
Regular
Just been reading around and discovered that you can unlock a co-op challenge mode. It's not the Single Player story, but you do need to work together to complete the challenges.

sounds great - can't wait :D

and yes, the Purple ones are great, but they're slow as hell compared to the rest! I often leave many behind, meaning I'm forced to run around the level during the 10-second countdown trying to find loners that have got lost! Bloody annoying, yet it's hilarious watching them run around for their life when on fire :D
Thu 16/09/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Ya i just unlocked it too, that spider was crap.
Thu 16/09/04 at 18:55
Regular
Yes shame on me for not getting the Imported version, something Nintendo are having trouble with.

I mean it'll be great if I imported the game from America, not supporting the Gamecube scene in the UK... encouraging further delays of games...

Oh and having to buy a Freeloader too... etc... etc...
Thu 16/09/04 at 18:56
Regular
Honestly, what is the appeal of Pikmin?

It's just a dumbed down RTS on a console.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:47
Regular
Mav wrote:

> It's just a playable RTS on a console.
Fri 17/09/04 at 01:47
Regular
It's not an RTS really though...

More of a puzzle game.

The only things Pikmin can do themselves is carry something home, or sense something within a radius. You can't send them on missions. They simply follow you and you lob them at things.

As stupid as it sounds, it's fantastic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.