GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ripper"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/12/06 at 23:41
Regular
Has anyone been following this in the news? First I heard of a prostitute getting killed. Then there was another, then a third and now look like 2 more are missing. That's a possible 5 murders around Ipswich.
Tue 12/12/06 at 20:53
Regular
Two more bodies have been found, so yes it looks like there is another Ripper.

Here's the timeline...

7 NOVEMBER
Tania Nicol (19) reported missing since disappearing on the 30th

15 NOVEMBER
Gemma Adams (25) reported missing

2 DECEMBER
[B]Gemma Adams' naked body found[/B]

8 DECEMBER
[B]Tania Nicol's naked body found[/B]

10 DECEMBER
[B]Anneli Alderton (24) body found[/B]

11 DECEMBER
Paula Clennell (24) and Annette Nicholls (29) reported missing

12 DECEMBER (TODAY)
[B]Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls bodies found[/B]

----

Police are checking records to see whether these 5 murders are related to previous crimes in the area.

Among the unsolved cases being looked at for possible links is the murder of Natalie Portman, 16, who was strangled in Norwich in 1992.

Mandy Duncan, 26, of Woodbridge, Suffolk, vanished in 1993 while working as a prostitute in Ipswich.

Kellie Pratt, 29, disappeared from the red light area of Norwich in 2000 and Michelle Bettles, 22, was found strangled three days after disappearing from the same area of the city in 2002.

Her body was found in woods near Scarning and no-one has been charged over her death.

A Suffolk police spokesman said officers are liaising with other forces, but added: "We are not looking at any other connections at the present time."

Might not be the same person but then it isnt uncommon for serial killers to commit murders over many years.
Tue 12/12/06 at 21:00
Regular
"8==="
Sunflower wrote:
> and the ripper is Al :O

:D
Tue 12/12/06 at 21:02
"possibly impossible"
Hedfix wrote:
> Erm, prostitutes are at risk and would be even in a seriously
> nannified nanny state unless they legalised prostitution.

Urm, I mean the mentally ill people who kill women like this, be they prostitutes or otherwise...
Tue 12/12/06 at 21:04
Regular
"8==="
It read like a stream of consciousness especially after reading the lead post. :D
Tue 12/12/06 at 21:06
"possibly impossible"
Alfonse wrote:
> No offence but who cares about prostitutes?

Isn't that a bit nieve? I mean they often tend to be teenage girls that run away from home (maybe due to broken homes or abusive parents, or just from being teenagers) and find themselves with no-where to go. They get taken in by pimps or need to eat so have to resort to prostitution.

By many accounts the pimps get them addicted to drugs so they need to keep coming back for a fix, they're constantly beaten down and kept in line and they suffer a terrible life.

It's not all prostitutes, but there are many like that, if they were legalised, at least there would be laws and decent brothels for them to go to.
Tue 12/12/06 at 21:09
Regular
"8==="
Some are illegal immigrants smuggled into the country.
Tue 12/12/06 at 21:12
"possibly impossible"
Hedfix wrote:
> Some are illegal immigrants smuggled into the country.

A few, yes, and they still suffer the same fate. Though you obviously then get involved in the immigrant arguement too...
Tue 12/12/06 at 21:14
Regular
"8==="
A few? Apparently the setup is more organised than that.
Tue 12/12/06 at 21:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Shut up Alfonse
Tue 12/12/06 at 21:22
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Alfonse you disgust me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.