GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Wed 06/10/04 at 14:46
Regular
Wahey, the lovely little game is now sitting in its oversized box besides my computer.

Is it just me or did this game sorta come out without a bang? I mean Animal Crossing got a bigger reception prior to release than this classic title.

I haven't seen one advert, most magazines are plastering Paper Mario or Donkey Konga on their covers and most Nintendo of Europe stuff is far more interested in last weeks GBA SP price drop and Pokemon release.

Poor Pikmin 2, I hope it won't effect the sales too much.
Fri 05/11/04 at 18:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> I'm annoyed that I just have 36 purple min, I need 100 to pick up that
> massive 1000 Pikmin thing.

The best place to solve that problem is the 2nd dungeon on the first level (the snowy place).. I forget the exact name but it's something like the Underground Complex. You can get down to Level 8 in a couple of minutes (just go through the level with a leader with no Pikmin behind him and run into the hole). On Level 8 is *three* purple flowers and a handy exit. So you can get 15 Purples per five minute visit = not bad.

Had to do that earlier, and search for the only remaining animal left in me 'dex (apart from that final boss) which was the Yellow Candypop flower - only one in the game. Cleared the last few Treasures from the final level, I've now just the final dungeon and boss to beat.
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:42
Regular
"the burning sky"
I'm annoyed that one of the Flower thingys ate a load of my White pikmin. Only 9 left now, tho' I suppose there'll be some to get in the next few caves. Got too many bloody red pikmin, over 400 of 600! So i wasnt too upset when a load 'accidently' got rolled over by a rock from one of those caterpillars.
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:16
Regular
I'm annoyed that I just have 36 purple min, I need 100 to pick up that massive 1000 Pikmin thing.
Thu 04/11/04 at 16:55
Regular
"the burning sky"
Joe Dark wrote:
> Tomoose wrote:
> Is Awakening Woods the second selectable area? I cant figure out
> where
> to go after the cave, theres the paper bag but i dont have enough
> 'min to flatten it. I'll figure it out i'm sure. So any idea if you
> can exit to main menu without resetting?
>
> Purple pikmin, they weigh ten times more than the others, and to exit
> you can select 'go to sunset' which ends the day.

Yeah i've just realised coming out of the cave, i've got enough 'min. Go to Sunset, doesnt really let you exit the game does it?
Wed 03/11/04 at 23:15
Regular
Tomoose wrote:
> Is Awakening Woods the second selectable area? I cant figure out where
> to go after the cave, theres the paper bag but i dont have enough
> 'min to flatten it. I'll figure it out i'm sure. So any idea if you
> can exit to main menu without resetting?

Purple pikmin, they weigh ten times more than the others, and to exit you can select 'go to sunset' which ends the day.
Wed 03/11/04 at 22:17
Regular
You do get 100% really quickly... but then you have to rescue looie and get the rest of the treasure. So the game isn't over when you clear the debt.
Wed 03/11/04 at 21:46
Regular
"the burning sky"
Is Awakening Woods the second selectable area? I cant figure out where to go after the cave, theres the paper bag but i dont have enough 'min to flatten it. I'll figure it out i'm sure. So any idea if you can exit to main menu without resetting?
Wed 03/11/04 at 21:41
Regular
I've got about 2300 too.
I was on the final level of the second cave in the awakening woods, and itcrashed.

So I know for sure that it's my Gamecube that's gay.
Wed 03/11/04 at 21:35
Regular
"the burning sky"
Got it today also, and i'm loving it so far, its such a simple and fun game. Just finished day 5, and come out the first cave on the second location, the one with the massive grub. Got about 2300 so far, seems to be going a little quickly, but I suppose it gets a lot harder than these coupla levels. One question, can you actually exit to the main menu? I had to restart to get there, and just wondering if there's another way. Cheers
Wed 03/11/04 at 18:59
Regular
So, it arrived today, much to my dismay (thought I'd changed it to Paper Mari) and it's better than Pikmin. For sure.
Dunno about it being great though. THe majority of my games are better, so far, but I'm only on day one of the Awaking Woods/Forest (I forgot)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.