GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Wed 06/10/04 at 14:46
Regular
Wahey, the lovely little game is now sitting in its oversized box besides my computer.

Is it just me or did this game sorta come out without a bang? I mean Animal Crossing got a bigger reception prior to release than this classic title.

I haven't seen one advert, most magazines are plastering Paper Mario or Donkey Konga on their covers and most Nintendo of Europe stuff is far more interested in last weeks GBA SP price drop and Pokemon release.

Poor Pikmin 2, I hope it won't effect the sales too much.
Tue 16/11/04 at 15:37
Regular
munn wrote:
> I haven't played it in over a week.
> It's like Pikmin 1 all over again.
>
> :(

I still can't believe you liked Pikmin 2 but not Pikmin 1. Pikmin 2 is just the same as the first with a hell of a lot of whistles and bells attached. It is still fundementally the same game.
Tue 16/11/04 at 14:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
JC941 wrote:
> It's far from the first Pikmin. 4 times the size, fantastic
> multiplayer and brand new Pikmin types. Not to mention all the
> features.

Agreed. I curse thee if you're not totally and utterly hooked by this game.
Tue 16/11/04 at 14:36
Regular
"hit the road jack"
munn wrote:

> It's like Pikmin 1 all over again.
>
> :(

It's far from the first Pikmin. 4 times the size, fantastic multiplayer and brand new Pikmin types. Not to mention all the features.
Sun 14/11/04 at 14:37
Regular
I haven't played it in over a week.
It's like Pikmin 1 all over again.

:(
Sun 14/11/04 at 04:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I still play it with friends in Battle mode (Co-Op is a bit, well.. meh), and to look at all my lovely treasures. Mwhahaha. I'll play it through again sometime I know.
Sat 13/11/04 at 22:56
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Ive finished the first area.
Now im mainly on 'Purplexing pool' or whatever it's called, lol.

Compleated about 80% of the treasure. Just trying to up my Pikmin count because im useless and lose many.
Sat 13/11/04 at 22:16
Regular
"the burning sky"
Completed the first level completely, and 1 cave left on the second. But I've barely touched the third, except to get the Pikmin. About 25 or so days in and only need 1500 Pokos now, but theres so much I've still got to do, so I'm glad you can continue after getting the 10g back. Plus I'm still looking for that elusive Co-Op token... Hows everyone else going?
Thu 11/11/04 at 21:38
Regular
"the burning sky"
Still on Frontier cae, level six so far. Just having trouble getting all the Pikmin over the bloody massive water gap that's there. Oh and is there any special reason for having control over that baby bulbore?
Sun 07/11/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Balls"
Normaly if you chuck 4 or 5 on it, the bulbax gets dizzy. Which leaves it open to a major attack.
Sun 07/11/04 at 20:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
tphi wrote:
> Hyper spray them up and then while pushing up on the C-Stick chuck as
> many as possible as fast as possible onto it's back. Use purples for
> maximum impact effect. It should be dead in seconds.

Any preference to colour of 'min? Or doesnt it make a difference?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.