GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Wed 06/10/04 at 14:46
Regular
Wahey, the lovely little game is now sitting in its oversized box besides my computer.

Is it just me or did this game sorta come out without a bang? I mean Animal Crossing got a bigger reception prior to release than this classic title.

I haven't seen one advert, most magazines are plastering Paper Mario or Donkey Konga on their covers and most Nintendo of Europe stuff is far more interested in last weeks GBA SP price drop and Pokemon release.

Poor Pikmin 2, I hope it won't effect the sales too much.
Wed 06/10/04 at 14:46
Regular
Wahey, the lovely little game is now sitting in its oversized box besides my computer.

Is it just me or did this game sorta come out without a bang? I mean Animal Crossing got a bigger reception prior to release than this classic title.

I haven't seen one advert, most magazines are plastering Paper Mario or Donkey Konga on their covers and most Nintendo of Europe stuff is far more interested in last weeks GBA SP price drop and Pokemon release.

Poor Pikmin 2, I hope it won't effect the sales too much.
Wed 06/10/04 at 15:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It has a weird box? WOoooo hurrey. I wish I had my copy, all SR sent me today was my free copy of American Pie. :'{
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I want.

But I changed my Pikmin 2 claim to Pro Evolution 4 on Sunday (except it still hasn't updated) because it's more necessary, and GAD isn't being updated so I don't know if I'll have any more wins which could be used to claim PES4.

I shall have the Pikmin sometime, however, as I love it. Oh yes.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's out?

ARG!

Trip to Exeter tomorrow + trade ins me thinks.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No no it comes out this friday!
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I thought twas an odd release day.....

Hmmmm.....

Friday then. Maybe.

*checks diary*

Oh, nothing, as usual

Okay then. Might get Fable as well. Ah, the temptations!
Wed 06/10/04 at 22:01
Regular
Find a local independant retailer, they tend to put the games on the shelf early.

It's not a special box... all Gamecube's boxes are oversized.
Wed 06/10/04 at 22:17
Regular
They could be half that size - but wouldn't stand out as much on the shelves.

Same reason GBA packaging never changed when the carts went smaller.
Wed 06/10/04 at 22:21
Regular
I know the reason I just find it so very funny.

Open a massive DVD size case and pull out a tiny disc.

It's like getting a ring for Christmas and it's in a box the size a computer would fit in.
Wed 06/10/04 at 23:05
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Trip to Exeter tomorrow + trade ins me thinks.

Wahey! You live near Exeter!

Good area :-).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.