GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 360 catch."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/10/05 at 21:26
Regular
I was thinking about pre-ordering a 360 because for what you get, it's relatively cheap. Obviously I wouldn't buy one unless there was decent games available on release. Then you look in amazement at the £45-50 pricetag on the games. It reminds me of the N64 days and that isn't always a good thing.

I mean at least Nintendo had an excuse.

1) They came on cartridges
2) They have about as much business sense as a stoned chimp

Also, many of the games that interest me are or will be available for the PC anyway and I can pick these up for half the price.

On top of all this, the lineup isn't all that great anyway.

I'll probably wait until after christmas for what will hopefully be a drop price.

Excuse me if this has been mentioned before, but I haven't been watching the console scene in a while ^^
Sun 02/10/05 at 18:13
Regular
To whom listed those launch titles:

You missed Timesplitters from the PS2 launch.

Goldeneye wasn't launched with the N64.
Sun 02/10/05 at 16:53
Regular
Game wrote:
> Damarus wrote:
>
> I mean at least Nintendo had an excuse.
>
> 2) They have about as much business sense as a stoned chimp
>
> Ah, right.. this would explain why their share price is higher
>
than either Microsoft's OR SONY's. It also might explain why
> games sporting the Mario franchise have only sold 120,000,000 units
> and counting...
>
> Nintendo is a genius company. I'm no fanboy, but you have to admire
> Nintendo's strategy.

It was actually a joke....

I've owned nearly every Ninty console avaiable so I have absolutely nothing against them. Just some of their decisions recently have been a bit odd.

As for some of the games mentioned, I'd rather have FPS and MMORPG's on my PC. The line-up is lacking the types of games I want from a console.
Sun 02/10/05 at 16:11
Regular
Q4 is in the launch window, and to me COD2 looks utterly amazingly fantastic.
Sun 02/10/05 at 16:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I doubt Q4 will be out...will it?

CODII doesn't sound too hot, and I'm not too sure about anything but PGR3 and Oblivion, but those should be so good it doesn't matter.

And Shadows kicked ass!
Sun 02/10/05 at 13:02
Regular
And you left out PGR3. And Shadows was an amazing game back in the day.
Sun 02/10/05 at 13:00
Regular
I think/hope he was being sarcy about Shadows.

I'm really quite impressed with the 360 line-up, not really sure where everyone's getting this "360 launch is the su>
Quake 4
Call of Duty 2
Perfect Dark
Oblivion
Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter

That's enough to keep me going for a loooooong time.
Sun 02/10/05 at 12:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
N64 is the best lineup of the ones I listed, but I don't agree that all those titles are classics. Shadows of the Empire was overall, an average game. I bought it of course for the Hoth level - but once that was done, the rest of the game was pretty boring.

Killer Instinct was a good little game but just doesn't compete with alot of other fighters (although it certainly deserves an update ! Come on Rare !).

Blast Corps was different and worthy of being called classic.

Turok - not a classic. In fact the series has dropped to the status of complete sh*te since Evolution.

Mario 64 and Goldeneye. Obviously classics and anyone who says otherwise deserves a slap round the head.
Sun 02/10/05 at 11:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
English Redneck wrote:
> N64:
> Mario 64
> Goldeneye
> Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
> Turok
> Blast Corps
> Killer Instinct
>

Classics every one, especially Shadows of the Empire ^^
Sun 02/10/05 at 04:05
Regular
"8==="
If I didn't have a LOT of RPGs to go through I'd be getting this at launch just for Oblivion.

That and the first MMORPG to come out for 360.
Sun 02/10/05 at 03:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Crap lineup for a consoles launch ? I think not ! I mean, we won't know officially whats making it out till this coming week (hopefully). But I mean, providing the expected titles get out, I think its a pretty good strong lineup.

Especially when you consider the titles other consoles have had at launch.

PS1:
Wipeout
Toshinden
Ridge Racer
Streetfighter The Movie (snigger)
Some 2D shooter I can't remember the name of.

PS2:
Tekken Tag
Fifa 2001
Madden 2001
Fantavision (or whatever the hell that crap game was called)
Dynasty Warriors 2
A few other EA Sports titles.

Dreamcast:
Sonic Adventure
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Tokyo Highway Battle
Sega Rally 2
Virtua Fighter 3
1 or 2 others I don't remember.

N64:
Mario 64
Goldeneye
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Turok
Blast Corps
Killer Instinct

So yeah, I think the 360 stacks up well with those launches. Hopefully most of the titles will get out at least.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.