GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 360 catch."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/10/05 at 21:26
Regular
I was thinking about pre-ordering a 360 because for what you get, it's relatively cheap. Obviously I wouldn't buy one unless there was decent games available on release. Then you look in amazement at the £45-50 pricetag on the games. It reminds me of the N64 days and that isn't always a good thing.

I mean at least Nintendo had an excuse.

1) They came on cartridges
2) They have about as much business sense as a stoned chimp

Also, many of the games that interest me are or will be available for the PC anyway and I can pick these up for half the price.

On top of all this, the lineup isn't all that great anyway.

I'll probably wait until after christmas for what will hopefully be a drop price.

Excuse me if this has been mentioned before, but I haven't been watching the console scene in a while ^^
Mon 03/10/05 at 19:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Sometimes mags put down the wrong date. One of my friends who went to the midnight launch with me also picked up that game. As for Rallisport, I think that was pretty close to launch, but I can't remember any real date for it.
Mon 03/10/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Ruddie1"
What and all 3 websites plus OXM are wrong? Im pretty sure it was delayed plus the sites and mag make me think otherwise bhut if you say so.
Was Ralisport a launch title or not? i cant remember, i know i had it pretty soon to launch.

Do you have your 360 pre-ordered? What games are you looking to get with it?
Mon 03/10/05 at 19:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Mate, I know what I bought on launch night. I got the console with 3 extra controllers, the advanced scart cable, memory card, link cable and these games...

Halo
PGR
Amped
Wreckless
DOA3
Blood Wake

A few days later I got JSRF cause it was late getting out and traded Blood Wake for Max Payne (though I eventually got Blood Wake again when Microsoft offered a couple of games and a controller in compensation over its price reduction).

So no, you're not right.
Mon 03/10/05 at 19:02
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Think you will find Wreckless was not released at launch. It was supposed to be but it got delayed by about a month. I even just done a quick search which says it was released on 2/5/02 so how you got it midnight at launch is unlikely. Plus issue 1 of OXM has it in for the end of March 02 so im right i win hahahahaha

sorry :-(

Was Rallisport Challenge at launch?
Mon 03/10/05 at 18:37
Regular
"Play me on Xbox Liv"
amazon is the same price as gameplay
Mon 03/10/05 at 18:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually Wreckless WAS a launch title - I got it at the midnight opening. I agree it was poo though.

And PGR and MSR are practically the same game. PGR is as much a sequel to MSR as PGR2 is to PGR. She sells seashells, etc. ;-)

I grabbed Championship Manager like 2 weeks after release cause Genma Onimusha was delayed.
Mon 03/10/05 at 18:28
Regular
"Play me on Xbox Liv"
go to gameplay.com and the games are £39
Mon 03/10/05 at 18:22
Regular
"Ruddie1"
English Redneck wrote:

> PGR (Formally MSR on Dreamcast)
It wasnt formakky MSR on Dreamcast but some of the team who made MSR worked on PGR.

> Wreckless
Wreckless wasnt a launch title either as i had it pre-ordered and waited ages for it to come out, waste of time.

>Championship Manager
Was a few mobths after as i had it for the PC and still bought the Xbox version.

Personally im looking forward to launch, can anyone esle say they knew every game that was coming out at launch for the Xbox? When i was waiting for mine i thought i did but when it was released or within the first 2-4weeks lots of games came out i didnt know about.
Sun 02/10/05 at 21:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok, lets look at the old XBox launch.

Halo
PGR (Formally MSR on Dreamcast)
DOA3 (3rd in series of tried and tested fighter)
JSRF (sequel to JSR on Dreamcast)
Amped
Max Payne (Been on all other formats for months)
Tony Hawks 3 (another old game)
Blood Wake
Fuzion Frenzy
Azurik
Matt Hoffmans BMX 2 (another sequel)
Oddworld: Munches Oddysee (another tried and tested series)
Wreckless

Also titles such as NBA Inside Drive 2002, Genma Onimusha, Deadly Skies, Star Wars: Obi Wan, Mad Dash Racing and Championship Manager came out at launch or within the first couple of weeks.

Thats a good launch, but how the hell can you say that thats good and that the 360's isn't ??
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:44
Regular
A tried and tested racer with a graphical update, a Doom clone, an average looking shooter and an unbelievably late Rare game, which is probably the best release...

If they're your basis of argument for an 'amazing line-up'...I agree, what a great launch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.