GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Clarkson on Katrina"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/09/05 at 13:06
"High polygon count"
If you fancy a laugh, it's worth buying/borrowing a copy of today's Sun and reading the Jeremy Clarkson column, which is all about Hurricane Katrina and the American response.

Yes, I know the low esteem in which the "newspaper" is held, but it really is worth a read. Hilariously funny, at the expense of the US government.
Sun 11/09/05 at 11:51
Regular
"8==="
Well, I assume the place will explode in lawsuits against various individuals who were taking pictures etc rather than getting on with saving lives.

No doubt people will sue every level of administration their lawyers tell them to.
Sun 11/09/05 at 11:00
Regular
I was just reading a news article on yahoo about how Katrina, one hurricane, is going to cost them as much as 2 wars. I dont know if they're referring to Afghanistan and Iraq or two more wars Bush has planned for the next few years. $300 billion is a lot for one storm.
Sat 10/09/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sounds like my sort of game i'll check it out.

I've been hoping Nippon Ichi will go to the hexagonal style system in their coming RPG's. It makes movement more free roaming than Disgaea but stops those annoying *gah! missed it by a inch* situations that occur in Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom. At least with the chess board style you know if you can hit the enemy or not
Sat 10/09/05 at 22:32
Regular
"8==="
Like chess except on varied maps made out of hexagons instead of squares.

When two creatures meet on the same square they fight it out in a beat 'em up style battle with power bars and a simple yet effective set of moves. Like chess some pieces are more powerful than others so unless the creatures are of the same type one will have an advantage over the other.

Then there's spells thrown into the mix, warps and other special map features. Genrally it's down to holding certain points on a map and once you have a set amount for a win then it's done - when you have 3/4 sides fighting over the same map points it gets really nice and tactical.

Good stuff, should've been online though.
Sat 10/09/05 at 22:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
What sort of game is that and what sort of battle system does it use?
Sat 10/09/05 at 22:12
Regular
"8==="
I went through another chunk of it about 2 days ago on my third play through (trying to beat a previous completion time) this time half of my 30 strong army is comprised of a pack of wolves which makes for some interesting battles.

Really hope there's a sequel in the works but as Gladius and Wrath Unleashed didn't do aswell as Lucas Arts hoped there might not be one, or Lucas Arts might not be publishing the sequels.

You might like Wrath Unleashed too, it's odd though but excellent fun with a mate or two in multiplayer.
Sat 10/09/05 at 22:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Awww don't feel as special now :-D

Was going pretty well, i completed that Strength of Affinity trial and then was going to start on Syrna, however Makai Kingdom distracted me and i haven't gone back to it since, especially not with getting Winning Eleven 9 as well. Also got Battlefield 2 coming on a GAD so it'll be a while before i play it again i think. Was a very good game though, enjoying it alot
Sat 10/09/05 at 21:59
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Exactly what I was thinking coming back to this thread.
>
> You know you can't stay away from me, i'm the only yankee doodle you
> like,

No, I despise fools from many different cultures. I'm not too keen on a lot of americans (certainly politically, and with regards to some pretty retarded laws and practices) but I generally get on with any american on Live who doesn't overly smack-talk/give a constant stream of consciousness/ keep yapping on like a retarded litte dog.

> plus the only one that appreciates Gladius as much :-D

How's that working out for you? :)
Sat 10/09/05 at 21:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
SHEEPY wrote:
> You're just as man when you voted for him?

Maybe it's because i've only had 2 hours sleep in 2 days but ..... eh?
Sat 10/09/05 at 21:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> Exactly what I was thinking coming back to this thread.

You know you can't stay away from me, i'm the only yankee doodle you like, plus the only one that appreciates Gladius as much :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.