GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exam Re-marking"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/09/05 at 14:16
Regular
"You've upset me"
Just had a phonecall from my (old) school. Apparently I was one mark off an A* in Drama and they've decided to have it re-marked. Lovely. Apparently everyone else's marks were much lower than were expected and they're considering getting the whole batch looked at again. I wouldn't've bothered if it were down to me but seeing as the school's doing all the legwork I thought I might as well go for it.

Anyone here ever had any appeals, sucessful or not?
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:16
Regular
"You've upset me"
Just had a phonecall from my (old) school. Apparently I was one mark off an A* in Drama and they've decided to have it re-marked. Lovely. Apparently everyone else's marks were much lower than were expected and they're considering getting the whole batch looked at again. I wouldn't've bothered if it were down to me but seeing as the school's doing all the legwork I thought I might as well go for it.

Anyone here ever had any appeals, sucessful or not?
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:19
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
When I did As General Studies (I know, I know) I was predicted an A but got an E. My tutor had them re-marked and I ended up with a D.
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:22
Regular
Our January ICT module last year at College got re-marked and most people's exam papers went up a grade, if not 2.
"period drama"
I wanted my A-Level papers remarked - I was 3 marks and 5 marks away from As in Eng Lang and Psyc ... but I would have had to pay for it - £61 in total if I remember rightly, so I didn't bother.

Slight shame, but it doesn't really matter for much more than my own ego.
Regular
"bot"
.:~Bubblez~:. wrote:
> When I did As General Studies (I know, I know) I was predicted an A
> but got an E. My tutor had them re-marked and I ended up with a D.

l.o.l
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:24
"period drama"
Oh yeah, and "aAHHAhHAhA, Drama!"
I thought you were about 20, Rasta.
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:25
Regular
I got a letter from my college the other day concerning my grade in Geography.

I was 5 marks off a higher grade and they wanted to see if I'd cough up some cash to get it remarked.

In my situation, I never saw the point.

But when it's into 'A' territory, it might be worth it.

But there again, once you do your A levels (and a degree - possibly) employers won't really give a damn at what you got at GCSE.
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
.:~Bubblez~:. wrote:
> When I did As General Studies (I know, I know) I was predicted an A
> but got an E.

I'm weeping. Did you even do the exam?
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Oh yeah, and "aAHHAhHAhA, Drama!"
> I thought you were about 20, Rasta.

:-D

Drama was my doss option, balancing out Geography and History. Easiest course evaaaaar.
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
gamesfreak wrote:
> But when it's into 'A' territory, it might be worth it.
>
> But there again, once you do your A levels (and a degree - possibly)
> employers won't really give a damn at what you got at GCSE.

Like I said, I wouldn't have bothered if the school weren't the ones doing it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.