GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Farewell Zelda"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 12:33
Regular
I had a feeling this was going to happen.

With the revolution set to introduce a DS style new way of playing games I began to wonder what lies ahead for Nintendo's main mascots.

Mario, as Miyamoto put it in a recent interview, is a "concept title"... it is the game that promotes change and therefore will thrive under new control methods and systems. Pikmin looks set to be a DS title whilst the likes of Pokemon can still easily work on the DS as well. Metroid has already been confirmed for both next generation handheld and home system whilst Donkey Kong, Wario and Kirby no longer have a defining genre anyway.

What about Zelda? In a recent interview with a radio station Miyamoto said, regarding the new Twilight Princess:

"This will be, without a doubt, the last Zelda game as you know it in its present form."

A delay makes more sense. Granted I was glad to hear Nintendo were willing to delay the game from its almost ideal position as a competitor for the X-box 360 in order to make it better. But still, from a finacial point of view, it doesn't make sense. But it seems Nintendo are being all nostaligic. For an epic Zelda game as we know it will not work on Revolution, much as one wouldn't really work on the DS.

So in theory, this is potentially the last true Zelda game ever. Miyamoto also said that this is the game he has worked most closely on in years and years.

It is very sad to say goodbye to some legendary Nintendo games. But the future holds promise.

"Mario is and always has been a concept title from his birth. We are always looking for new ways of playing with him, manipulating him, to create something new and unique. We're in the midst of preparing something special for his future, something never before seen. You'll understand when you see it that we can't quite release it right away. The new Mario game will surprise many people. Give us the benefit of the doubt. I think we'll present you with a new way to have fun. There's even a new character by his side.

"We based the Revolution around this new type of game. Mario 128 played a large role in the Revolution's conception, much like Mario 64 in it's time. But we won't just be focusing on Mario. We're working on some very impressive games which push interactivity to the max - games of a new era."

Does sound promising... doesn't it?

Dringo.
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:43
Regular
gerrid wrote:

> You're like a whiney little girl who's bored of her christmas
> presents. If you're bored of games don't play them and find something
> else to do that does interest you. Like golf, or darts or
> drawing pretty rocks. Just stop complaining in EVERY SINGLE THREAD
> that games are boring.

Go tell that to the millions of Japanese gamers...

I have found something else to do... watch football, watch films and have sex. Hence the reason I'm barely in the games forums anymore.

I love my games and I'm dissapointed regarding how similar they all are. I need something REALLY refreshing and not just a variation on a theme.

It is the reason why the game market (handheld consoles aside) is in recession.

I am gonna get a 360 at least... with perhaps 2 games by march next year. But I really want something to relight my gaming loving. And I'm really hopeing Revolution can do it. But I'm not holding my breath.
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:46
Regular
Bonus wrote:

>
> Quality :-). Puzzle games keep the grey matter going, you'll
> appreciate that when you're old and decrepit.

I love my puzzlers on my phone or my Grandad's tetris game... but I don't buy them.

XIII and beyond Good and Evil hold some of my favourite Gamecube memories. They are brilliant. The fact I finished them both is a good sign. Shame there is no planned sequels despite the cliff hanger endings. Pikmin 2, RE4, Paper Mario are amongst my favourite games ever (see other topic).

> I doubt it, Nintendo are the for-runners of console peripheral
> cash-cows :D.

I heard that there were room for controller ports or somet...

> Errrr, I didn't think so, but I'm open to being wrong on this one
> :).

Say the reviews it is.

> I don't like the DS, personal opinion :D.

Me neither at the moment. I remain optimistic.
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> Go tell that to the millions of Japanese gamers...

I would if they kept coming into every thread and saying it.

I hope that's the last time you say you're bored with gaming, or that "PS3 and 360 = yawn", or that all games are the same. We all know how you feel, stop repeating yourself. That's all I'm asking for!
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:49
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Go tell that to the millions of Japanese gamers...
>
> I would if they kept coming into every thread and saying it.
>
> I hope that's the last time you say you're bored with gaming, or that
> "PS3 and 360 = yawn", or that all games are the same. We all
> know how you feel, stop repeating yourself. That's all I'm asking for!

If you don't want to read his posts, just ignore him, same goes for mine too if you're fed up reading those.......
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't want to ignore him, or you, I'm still interested in the stuff you have to say, it's just Dringo in every thread proclaiming that games are boring.
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:56
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> I have found something else to do... watch football, watch films and
> have sex. Hence the reason I'm barely in the games forums anymore.

Hahah
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:57
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I don't want to ignore him, or you, I'm still interested in the stuff
> you have to say, it's just Dringo in every thread proclaiming that
> games are boring.

That's why I'm trying to point out they're not instead of just telling him to stop it ;-).
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You can't convince someone to like something they don't. If he's bored with games then he's bored with them. I just don't see why he needs to tell the whole world!
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:07
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> You can't convince someone to like something they don't. If he's bored
> with games then he's bored with them. I just don't see why he needs to
> tell the whole world!

Ask Goatboy ;-).
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:12
Regular
Dringo, why don't you take a break from games then? Why are you still playing them when you find them boring? Why are you going to get an Xbox 360 because it's boring? You really don't make any sense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.