GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help with choices, please. (Universities kinda)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/09/05 at 12:47
Regular
I wanted to know whether you think I have a shot at Oxford:

GCSEs

2 A*
7 A
2 B

A Levels:

Assuming I get say, ABB or better

In the general Economics, Business management, mathematical areas.

(Also, for this exercise, we can assume I pass the interview too.)
:)

Thanks.
Sun 04/09/05 at 12:47
Regular
I wanted to know whether you think I have a shot at Oxford:

GCSEs

2 A*
7 A
2 B

A Levels:

Assuming I get say, ABB or better

In the general Economics, Business management, mathematical areas.

(Also, for this exercise, we can assume I pass the interview too.)
:)

Thanks.
Sun 04/09/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Oxford usually wants straight As, and seeing how they turned down people with straight As this year, I reckon you've got no chance at all.

Plus why do you wanna go to Oxford?
Sun 04/09/05 at 13:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Usually if you didn't get straight As at GCSE they turn you away just because so many people apply. And your offer would be AAA. They turn down people with AAAA predicted as well so don't get your hopes up. Also, they charge you £25 to apply to them, which is a bit of a rip. It's obviously worth it if you REALLY want to go there, but there are other good places for those courses that you mentioned.

Oh and, whatever University you go to, remember, you don't need a laptop, right phi11ip?
Sun 04/09/05 at 13:42
Regular
I know there are other good places, gerrid. Bath, Warwick, etc. But I don't like Bath and I want as many good options as I can get.

I assumed that I probably wouldn't be able to get in, but if I did apply, do they offer you an interview straight away, or filter by grades first as to who gets asked back?

Why do I want to go there? They offer 2 courses I'm interested in. They have great facilities and are located in a lovely town I've visited and stayed in before. It's a great name to have with a degree, too.

Thanks you two, though. Even if it is just confirming the bad news.
Sun 04/09/05 at 13:54
Regular
"the burning sky"
I got 6 A*'s and 3 A's at GSCE then predicted 4 A's at A-Level and they offered me an interview, but I didnt get in as I didnt go, cus the course sucked balls...
Sun 04/09/05 at 13:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Depends what you want to do. Some courses have about a 10-1 application to position ratio where as others have a much lower one.

You might as well have a go, you get 6 choices for Universities so they can only say no.
Sun 04/09/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
gerrid wrote:
> Oh and, whatever University you go to, remember, you don't
> need a laptop, right phi11ip?

My mate had his laptop stolen twice, he bought it especially for uni. He only ever used it for playing games too.

He's got a desktop now.
Sun 04/09/05 at 14:18
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
phi11ip wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> Oh and, whatever University you go to, remember, you don't
> need a laptop, right phi11ip?
>
> My mate had his laptop stolen twice, he bought it especially for uni.
> He only ever used it for playing games too.
>
> He's got a desktop now.

Laptops are useful but sooooooo annoying in lectures.

When I was at Uni a few people had them and all you could hear as click, click, click as they typed out notes to the lectures.

My Advice: Buy one if you want to annoy people in lectures.
Sun 04/09/05 at 14:22
"period drama"
Personally, I can't see why anyone would want to go to Oxford.
Buy, if you're really after it, and you can get AAA(A) for your A-Levels, then go for it, but prepare to be potentially dissapointed.
Sun 04/09/05 at 14:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
And if you do go to Oxford and graduate you can then jump off the bridge and break both your legs!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.