GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One game - Any game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/06/01 at 17:01
Regular
Which would you choose and why? I would say for me that it would be Nights - I could play it for hours on end, and it brings about nice memories of how I had to get it instead of Fifa 98 on the Saturn in Christmas 97 - I bought it from SR, and need to buy it again! That was and is an incredible game!!
Your go!
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:38
Regular
Maybe we dont want that moment to be surpassed. We just want to live in our memories forever. So we can come back in a few years, dust off the ol console and bang out some quality gaming.
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:36
Batistuta wrote:
> Do u think these moments can ever be surpassed? I say this becasue
> its been over 5 years since i got Sensible world of soccer and
> nothing really (apart from Zelda:OOT) has come close to hitting that
> moment.

Who knows, but it's a common hope among gamers - would Nights 2 enhance or hinder the original? Would it demean the first or make for some delerious Sonic team fans? Maybe, maybe not - but lets hope :)
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:32
Regular
Do u think these moments can ever be surpassed? I say this becasue its been over 5 years since i got Sensible world of soccer and nothing really (apart from Zelda:OOT) has come close to hitting that moment.
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:27
Nostalgia is a great thing, however I can't help but think that although these games have been surpassed graphically by games arriving, nothing beats them in gameplay - or emotionally - these games inspired and helped us through life. They have a special meaning - not just to make money for the giant firms, to touch us - make us think. Ahem - they will never leave our memories and lives, and nor do we want them to! Look on in awe at what was created for us, and hope that one day you can achieve similar heights.

I've had my moment.
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:18
Regular
Sensible world of soccer on the amiga.

This was one of the first games i ever reserved. i waited months for it. I nealry gave up on it at one point, but then suddenly one day it came inot my arms and i fell in love with the greatest footy game ever!
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:13
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Super Mario 64...

Whether my Nan had just kicked the bucket or my cat was in-to the vet, I could ALWAYS guarantee on Mario to cheer me up... just runing around the garden in the front, running into walls, triple jumping off the bridge... yould satisfy me! It was and still is Gaming heaven...

If I picture Mario 64, all I can see is lush green grass, the odd enemy and cannons, the first level is amazing and I long for another one like it! I am not a very big fan of Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario Advance, but give me Mario 64... the best one in my opinion, and i'll be able to play it for ages!

Mario has something special about him, maybe it's Italian simplicity or his general laid-back impressions, either way, he definitely IS 'The Man' where gaming is concerned!

Game
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:11
Sounds painful...
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:08
"High polygon count"
Galaxy, on the Commodore 64.

Because it's so bloody addictive.
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:08
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Final Fantasy 7. I played that for god knows how long and enjoyed every minute of it. Wow that was a good game, pity about 8, that was rubbish!
Mon 04/06/01 at 17:01
Which would you choose and why? I would say for me that it would be Nights - I could play it for hours on end, and it brings about nice memories of how I had to get it instead of Fifa 98 on the Saturn in Christmas 97 - I bought it from SR, and need to buy it again! That was and is an incredible game!!
Your go!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.