GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One game - Any game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/06/01 at 17:01
Regular
Which would you choose and why? I would say for me that it would be Nights - I could play it for hours on end, and it brings about nice memories of how I had to get it instead of Fifa 98 on the Saturn in Christmas 97 - I bought it from SR, and need to buy it again! That was and is an incredible game!!
Your go!
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:03
Regular
"everyone says it"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Taramasalata

uurgggghhh fisheggs!
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:02
Regular
"You've upset me"
Taramasalata
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:59
Regular
I'll be lying in my quarters, covered in...

Damn, what was it? :0) Something salarta. Or something.
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:54
"possibly impossible"
er-no wrote (among other things):

>What a game.

Smoke it a kipper, it'll be home before breakfast....
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:52
Regular
"everyone says it"
Damn, thats very hard, to choose one game out of all the games that I have played, well it would have to be a Super Nintendo game, simply because I just love everything to do with that console, every game I played just made it get better and better, companies didn't worry about the graphics and just made the games based apon original gameplay ideas...

...anyway back to the question of which game I would choose, well after some thought, it would have to be 'Secret of Mana' on the Super Nintendo, this game managed to wrap up the whole point of gaming in a nutshell, it had everything, from the incredible graphics (of that day) to the amazing gameplay, I am one of the lucky people to enjoy the game with another two friends and from start to finish it was just the best game ever to grace a machine.

What a game.
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:46
"possibly impossible"
I don't think I could live with just one game, it all depends on my mood.

NiGHTS is certainly one of the best and has a good replay value, important if you were to have to play the game over and over, how many other games have that now?

Tony Hawks (1 or 2) is another game that seems to have replay value, even after you complete it, as does any decent arcade race game like Daytona or Ridge Racer.

I guess you'd have to go by the most hours clocked up on a game...for me that would be The Settlers on the Amiga and then Settlers II on the PC, which just seems to disolve time while you play, transporting you to the funny little world of these hard working, squeaky voiced little people. After a while you even start to care about them and wince when they die in battle (or maybe that's just me?!) and with the freeplay worlds where no rules are set, you really can go on for ever with your little village (or at least until the resources run out anyway..)
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:31
Zentris. Exactly the same as Tetris. But Zentris - sounds so much better. And it was free - everytime I played it the message 'aftre you have played this please send $10 to >insert actual address< for full version' it was superb. But Nights was better!
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
Tetris was great but I feel that it WASN'T the best.
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:17
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Ok so tetris WAS good.............

...........in its time. I mean ok, sure, its great for handhelds but why port it to home consoles. Who is going to buy it. Personally I think Wetrix was much better but you can't get it for gameboy can you. Who knews, maybe for the GBA. Not that I'm getting one.
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:13
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Attention, attention. Everybody drop their Dreamcast and PS2 controllers, it’s time to pay our respects to the great game classic.

Yeah, everyone has forgot about his little beauty haven’t you! Well, let me just remind you of some of its brilliance…

Tetris. The name means something to everybody, and if you haven’t played this game before, you are really missing out on something that could change the way you look at games forever.
People nowadays think that graphics are the only thing that is important to games, but if you play this game you will never think that again for the rest of your lives.

So, for those people who have never played/seen the game, basically Tetris DX is a puzzle game. You have blocks coming down the screen, and you have to direct them to a good place. The aim of the game is to try and make the lines disappear by completing one line, which is complete, I.E. no gaps. Keep doing this and your score will increase very rapidly. To help your score to rise, you have to press the down button on the D pad, making the score go up faster, but also making the blocks fall down faster.

Although this game is old, very old, I still find myself playing it all the time. It is just so addictive, but I don’t mind it being addictive because I just love playing it so much.

The thing that makes the game so magical to me is that it is the sort of game where you want to beat your “top score” all the time. This brings me onto my next point. At the end of a game, if you reach a high score you will be given a cool 5 second mini film. These could be fireworks going off, champagne corks exploding off and so on and so fourth.

As we all know, the GameBoy is a hand held console, so you can play Tetris whereever you want, whenever you want, and how ever you want.

Another great aspect of the game is its learning curve. It is easy to pick up and play, and people who have never played the game will soon be getting good within five minutes of playing the game. As you play it more and more, you will find that your techniques will also be getting better and better.

It doesn’t matter if you’re 5 or 50 years old, everyone loves Tetris! Yes, it’s true. My little brother who is five plays it and my Granddad who is, well, older than 60 also loves playing it.

The graphics are well, simple but that’s all they have to be. It offers some nice colours and cool gameplay.

There, ring any bells? This game will be loved by me forever, now, where did I last play Tetris? ;)

-M16-

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.