GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"JOHNSON 2 STAY!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/08/05 at 13:00
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
andy johnson must stay at palace!! the best striker in the premiership bar henry last season and we deserve to keep him.
Sven should still consider him for the squad even in the championship.
Tue 02/08/05 at 22:43
Regular
Dringo, I'm by no means saying that the Championship is an "easy" league, but you've got to consider the amount of competition for that one World Cup spot and trying to prove yourself in a lower division is a significant disadvantage.

Fair enough, Sven says "if he's good enough, he'll be picked", but I feel that unless he almost single-handedly inspires promotion for Crystal Palace and scores an insane amount of goals, he won't get much of a look-in. After all, just three players in the history of English international football have been called up to the World Cup squad after spending a season outside of a first division.
Tue 02/08/05 at 23:05
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
So ok he scored 10 penalties, big deal!

The fact of the matter is he has all the qualities a top striker needs:
pace, agility, control, off the ball movement, finishing, passing etc.

There should be no debate over whether he is good or not, cos he simply is. He scored 32 goals in the 03/04 season and 21 in the 04/05, a difference of only 11 between the championship and the premiership, two leagues with a vast difference that people harp on about

On that evidence, and the evidence to follow during the current season, he will be in svens squad come next summer. Check Sky Sports for conformation.

[/B] [/U] FACT!
Wed 03/08/05 at 01:55
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Lil Bro wrote:
> He scored what, 10, 12 goals in open play? That's really not anything
> special...Get over him,

And Defoe scored, what, 13 goals in open play? That's really not anything special...get over him - not to mention the fact that Defoe would have almost certainly had better service.
Wed 03/08/05 at 02:04
Regular
"0228"
Ashman wrote:
> And Defoe scored, what, 13 goals in open play? That's really not
> anything special...get over him - not to mention the fact that Defoe
> would have almost certainly had better service.

But the Crystal Palace players more than likely have a team talk that goes something like this:

Dowie: Get the ball and pass it to Johnson immediately. Failing that, win a penalty and then let Johnson take it. Fail that and spend the rest of the season on the bench.

The Spurs players have more choice when they pass forward so the goals do get shared around more equally. Defoe is clearly FAR better than Johnson.
Wed 03/08/05 at 02:50
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Look at our stats. I believe Keane got a total of 17 goals last season.

I don't see any other CP player coming ANYWHEEREEEE near that.

I'm sure Kanoute got a few as well and Mido got 3.

Listen to JFH
Wed 03/08/05 at 08:41
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
Ashman wrote:
> Lil Bro wrote:
> He scored what, 10, 12 goals in open play? That's really not
> anything
> special...Get over him,
>
> And Defoe scored, what, 13 goals in open play? That's really not
> anything special...get over him - not to mention the fact that Defoe
> would have almost certainly had better service.

Thank you! Some sense!

I admit that we did rely a bit heavily on him, but that was due to a lack of decent strikers.

Freedman - cant last 90 mins
Ventola - injured
Shipperley - old and overweight
Torghelle - not very good

and if you have got strengths, play to them!
Wed 03/08/05 at 14:59
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Look at our stats. I believe Keane got a total of 17 goals last
> season.
>
> I don't see any other CP player coming ANYWHEEREEEE near that.
>
> I'm sure Kanoute got a few as well and Mido got 3.
>
> Listen to JFH

...yes...but I was comparing Jermain Defoe to Andy Johnson, and there's really not much in it.
Wed 03/08/05 at 15:00
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
GingerD wrote:
> Shipperley - old and overweight

And the fact that he doesn't play for you, obviously.
Wed 03/08/05 at 15:22
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
this is true. but he was there last season and did squat!
Wed 03/08/05 at 19:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The only reason he got so many goals is because he was with a crap club. I doubt he'd get so many if he were playing for one of the top clubs. Life's strange like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.