GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I was ripped off"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/07/05 at 14:21
Regular
"0228"
Had my haircut today, the place I normally go was full and I really wanted to get it cut as soon as possible, meaning I had to go to a nearby salon type place.

Cutting my hair is fairly simple, it doesn't even require scissors. I have a number 4 on top and a 3 around the back and sides. Easy, yes? Normally I pay £3.50 for this, which some may say is a bit expensive but today I almost had a heart attack after hearing the price.

Rip-off merchant: "That'll be £9, please."
Me: "£9!!!!"
Rip-off merchant: "Yeah, £9. Oh no, wait, you're under 18 so it's less."
Me: *sigh of relief*
Rip-off merchant: "It's actually £8."
Me: *shocked again, but pay anyway*

I only had £8 on me, it was unbelievable. It wasn't even a particuarly good cut, I think it was somebody on work experience that did it. Bah.
Sun 17/07/05 at 18:36
Regular
"bot"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> style it

you big gaymo.
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:14
Regular
It's all about the ambiance of the salon, I say. You paid to sit in their finery, not for the crappy buzz-cut. It was just the cost of convenience.

If you want something bad enough, you should be willing to pay the price. So then, luv, you weren't really ripped off. :)
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:23
Regular
"0228"
Yes I was. £8 for the honour of having clippers poorly run through my hair for 15 minutes seems a bit steep to me.
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:28
Regular
"the burning sky"
I purposely ask them not to use the clippers, it takes them a good half hour to do my hair and it doesnt look like someone tried to trim it with a hedgetrimmer...
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:37
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
JFH wrote:
> Yes I was. £8 for the honour of having clippers poorly run
> through my hair for 15 minutes seems a bit steep to me.

Why dont you do it yourself!! or get one of your family or freinds to cut your hair,that wont cost you anything unless your freinds and family are tight fisted!!! :)
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:40
Regular
I pay £5 for a short trim on top and grade 3 down the sides.

We get to watch music channels, allowed free coffee (not that I actually like the stuff) and there's also a pile of newspapers / fhm's / other manly magazines on the coffee table for us to read/perve.

pwn'd
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:40
Regular
I'll rip you off in a minute, Chavez.
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:41
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
hahahahaha!!

Your funny!!lol
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:42
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
so funny i forgot to laugh!!
Sun 17/07/05 at 20:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My Mums a hairdresser, so I get my hair done for free. ;-) Kind of ironic though that I don't actually have much hair.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.