GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shigsy goes crazy...again"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/06/05 at 13:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
From SR's own news report:
Miyamoto specifically named Halo and GTA as "demanding far too much time from the user," and stated that this was something he intends to right with the Nintendo Revolution.

I mean wtf. "too much time". What is that meant to mean, exactly? It doesn't even make sense! How can a game take up "too much time"? It's not like you're forced to play it! You can spend just as long playing Halo as you can playing Mario or Zelda. Surely the only reason they "demand far too much time" is because they're good games that people want to play. So what's he saying? Make games less good so you don't want to play them as much? Sometimes I really wonder.

"What we want to avoid is too many games of the same type or genre"

Seriously, though, you what, mate?
Thu 09/06/05 at 15:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It was a brilliant typo.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:48
Regular
"8==="
I like the 'ROMour' bit.

Was that intentional? :)
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:46
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Hedfix wrote:
> Mr. GTA wrote:
> Romour is, that we'll be able to download our fav games from the
> NES,
> SNES and N64.
>
> :O
>
> REALLY!? OMG!!!!1111
>
>
> ;)

Yeah, that's according to rare-extreme.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Shoot-em-up freak"
I don't mind not having online action that much, as long as I have my 4 controllers, and have a crew of friends over at my place, to get slaughtered in Timesplitters!!
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:41
Regular
"8==="
Mr. GTA wrote:
> Romour is, that we'll be able to download our fav games from the NES,
> SNES and N64.

:O

REALLY!? OMG!!!!1111

;)
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:38
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Romour is, that we'll be able to download our fav games from the NES, SNES and N64.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:20
Regular
"8==="
I don't mind short shallow games, as long as they are online and fun to play online.

GameCube really should have capitalised on that.

Hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) this time we shall actually see this happen.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:15
Regular
About the old GC thing though.. the short games we were 'promised' did appear, the likes of Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin, but when it's ninty doing that kind of stuff, you expect there to be replay value and extras, which there usually was.

And we still had all the longer run games too.

Having games that don't demand too much time would fit into that 'get the right difficulty, it's more fun if you complete it (in reasonable time), have fairly quick rewards for playing' Japanese gaming philosophy.
I think it's just a culture thing, Japan are more pick up and play.

Take Donkey Konga, you can pick it up and blast through one song, or you can have a longer session.
A lot of games, to really get into them, you need to be playing longer, more frequently.

I'd say this shows Ninty to be targetting the casual to currently non-gamer again.

But I'm sure there'll be stuff for us too.

At the moment, the game that demands most time from me is Spider Solitare.
I just switch off for a second and when I come to I'm playing it.
It's hell.
If that's what Halo 2 is like, you can keep it ;^)
Wed 08/06/05 at 13:22
Regular
Xzibit wrote:
> Shigeru Miyamoto is jealous that no-one likes Zelda anymore and other
> companies are now suceeding.. FACT.

Does this come from the same book of facts that you also got "Final Fantasy 7 has outsold all da Zelda games ever made" and "I'm not a retard, I swear I'm not" from?

Miyamoto's chatting much crap though, for a start Halo takes about 10 hours to complete.
Wed 08/06/05 at 12:50
Regular
I'm not going to comment until we can play the games.

He said GC games were going to be short but to be honest I finished all my Xbox games just as quickly as any GC game. In fact, SoAL, TOS and BK probably lastest the longest of anything this genreation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.