GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shigsy goes crazy...again"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/06/05 at 13:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
From SR's own news report:
Miyamoto specifically named Halo and GTA as "demanding far too much time from the user," and stated that this was something he intends to right with the Nintendo Revolution.

I mean wtf. "too much time". What is that meant to mean, exactly? It doesn't even make sense! How can a game take up "too much time"? It's not like you're forced to play it! You can spend just as long playing Halo as you can playing Mario or Zelda. Surely the only reason they "demand far too much time" is because they're good games that people want to play. So what's he saying? Make games less good so you don't want to play them as much? Sometimes I really wonder.

"What we want to avoid is too many games of the same type or genre"

Seriously, though, you what, mate?
Mon 06/06/05 at 13:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
From SR's own news report:
Miyamoto specifically named Halo and GTA as "demanding far too much time from the user," and stated that this was something he intends to right with the Nintendo Revolution.

I mean wtf. "too much time". What is that meant to mean, exactly? It doesn't even make sense! How can a game take up "too much time"? It's not like you're forced to play it! You can spend just as long playing Halo as you can playing Mario or Zelda. Surely the only reason they "demand far too much time" is because they're good games that people want to play. So what's he saying? Make games less good so you don't want to play them as much? Sometimes I really wonder.

"What we want to avoid is too many games of the same type or genre"

Seriously, though, you what, mate?
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:02
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> From SR's own news report:
> Miyamoto specifically named Halo and GTA as "demanding far too
> much time from the user," and stated that this was something he
> intends to right with the Nintendo Revolution.

Bet he hates world of warcraft!
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He probably doesn't have a clue what it is. He doesn't seem to know much about games that he doesn't make. My favourite recent moment from him is where he says
"all the new games are just pretty graphics and nothing else",
IGN: "have you seen any of the games at E3 yet?"
Shiggle: "No I haven't had a chance"
IGN: "there's a great game called Okami it's great!"
Shiggle: "What's it on"
IGN: "PS2"
Shiggle: "Oh"

hhaha how I laughed. He is just assuming that all the games aren't interesting because they're not 'innovative', but what he really means is that he doesn't like them.
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Random by default"
God he has lost it, after Nintendo saying Zelda was 70 hours+ too...
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I doubt he's ever played GTA3 or Halo, either.
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:14
Regular
Concept wrote:
> God he has lost it, after Nintendo saying Zelda was 70 hours+ too...

Must be very disheartening tho. After you put your heart and soul into making these games then having inferior titles selling more. It would annoy me no end.
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:34
"period drama"
Ahahahahoooohh ... *weeples*
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, I'm certainly not going to pay £30/40/whatever the next gen game prices are for a game that would only last 10 minutes. I'd rent them out, play them to death and save myself a tidy sum.
Mon 06/06/05 at 15:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> He probably doesn't have a clue what it is. He doesn't seem to know
> much about games that he doesn't make. My favourite recent moment
> from him is where he says
> "all the new games are just pretty graphics and nothing
> else",
> IGN: "have you seen any of the games at E3 yet?"
> Shiggle: "No I haven't had a chance"
> IGN: "there's a great game called Okami it's great!"
> Shiggle: "What's it on"
> IGN: "PS2"
> Shiggle: "Oh"

He was making the point about the PS3 not having any playable titles, if I remember rightly.

But yeh, although I do love the little dude and the games he makes.. quotes from him saying current games take too long to complete aren't what I want to hear. Reggie rules interviews.
Mon 06/06/05 at 15:57
Regular
"The definitive tag"
gerrid wrote:
> From SR's own news report:
> Miyamoto specifically named Halo and GTA as "demanding far too
> much time from the user," and stated that this was something he
> intends to right with the Nintendo Revolution.

>
> I mean wtf. "too much time". What is that meant to mean,
> exactly?

I think that he was pointing out that it takes a long time to achieve everything on some of Microsoft and Sony's games, but he's used terrible examples.

Gran Turismo 4 would have been better. Most gamers will never even come close to finishing it.

He's made a fairly plausible statement, but he's obviously a bit ignorant about the two games he's used as examples.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.