GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony PSP - September 1st, £179.99"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/04/05 at 11:47
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58765[/URL]

And so it begins. Still, sounds a long way off at the moment, and you still don't get a game for your cash (you do get the Value Pack though, with 32MB card, battery pack, pouch, strap and other useless gubbins). Free copy of Spider-Man 2 the movie on UMD if you register too.

Don't know why I bothered to post this, I won't able to afford one for about four years now anyway.
Fri 29/04/05 at 18:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Of course it's expensive - it's a brand new handheld with the power of current generation home consoles. And remember, the PS2 may be comparatively cheap now, but on release it was, what, £350? Something like that.
Fri 29/04/05 at 16:32
"period drama"
Bloody hell, look who it is.
They're coming out of the woodwork.
Fri 29/04/05 at 15:03
Regular
"^_^"
Don't wait. Got mine yesterday too, same price but the value pack and a game.

Laughing...
Fri 29/04/05 at 13:10
Mine's stuck across the transatlantic divide as we speak.
Fri 29/04/05 at 12:46
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
£180... makes me sick.
We really do live in rip-off Britain.
What a joke. Nearly one year after the Jap release + 50% more expensive.
I imported a value pack with Ridge Racer for £180 including postage - I suggest everyone else do the same out of common sense and as a protest to Sony Europe!
Booo!
Thu 28/04/05 at 23:34
Regular
"Bah"
I brought one off ebay a week ago and it really is amazing. I sold my PS2 a year ago and brought an Xbox but i imported one with Ridge Racer and its the best £155 iv spent, quality is absolutely amazing and im not sure if you can do this on the DS or not but the recharge feature is so conveinient and anyway UMD movies are easily enough obtained off ebay....
Wed 27/04/05 at 22:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Walrus wrote:
> stridders? wrote:
> Japanese PSPs will be the same wont they? I still wont be able to
> play
> a UK UMD movie.
>
> The japanese movies are the same region as uk movies so it will
> work.You can play uk films on UMD on a japanese console.

Considering the UK console isnt out and UK UMD movies arent available its something that you cant be sure of. Until someone tries it we wont know even though the Japan console is down as Region 2.

Also if you want UMD movies then the US console is perfect as with DVDs the movies will come out there first, plus most import places have them for under £10-15 so cheaper than what they will be in the UK. I would say get a 1GB card and convert your own DVDs as then back them up onto DVD-R and use transfer them when you want them, in the long run a £90 memory card is going to be cheaper than 9 movies and will be able to be used for music, pics and game saves as well as videos.
Wed 27/04/05 at 22:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
stridders? wrote:
> I have family in Canada, if I were to ask them to get me a PSP and
> them send it over would I get charged for importing?

As long as when the send it they mark the package down at a value of $20 or less otherwise it will be picked up. Even then theres no guarantee it will get through customs without any additional charges.
Wed 27/04/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
try the luck then if you cant afford one, Enter Competions on
[URL]www.loquax.co.uk[/URL] and search for sony psp.:)
Wed 27/04/05 at 20:09
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
stridders? wrote:
> Japanese PSPs will be the same wont they? I still wont be able to play
> a UK UMD movie.

The japanese movies are the same region as uk movies so it will work.You can play uk films on UMD on a japanese console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.