GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vanilla Sky"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/04/05 at 08:57
Regular
Yeah it sucks whatever shut up.

I loved it.
Sun 10/04/05 at 18:03
Regular
This could be an alternative ending:

Man: "Blah, blah, jump off building or go back to ragging Penny Cruz"

Cruise: "Eh?"

Man: "Well, wake up in the future where you've got no money and f**k all prospects, or have a top life here."

Cruise: "Alright. I'll stay here with Penny."

Jason Lee: "No, you can't. I've stolen her and I'm taking her to Jersey. Muahahahaha. You have to sleep with Kurt Russell now, Jerry Maguire."

Kurt: "I have two daughters."

Jason Lee: "Shut up."
Sun 10/04/05 at 17:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Didn't really like the way it panned out in the end - 'twas a good
> idea and all, but I would have preferred it to go a different way.

In what way, anything in mind?
Sun 10/04/05 at 17:51
Regular
I had to watch it twice to get it.
Sun 10/04/05 at 17:26
"period drama"
I enjoyed it, pretty decent.
Didn't really like the way it panned out in the end - 'twas a good idea and all, but I would have preferred it to go a different way.

Each to their own, I suppose.
Good stuff.
Sun 10/04/05 at 14:46
Regular
Just go watch it. It's got Vicent Cassel. He's been in Ocean's Twelve and he gets to rag Monica Belluci on a nightly basis.
Sun 10/04/05 at 14:46
Regular
"You've upset me"
Stryke wrote:
> Hero

Actually, that's one other I've seen and liked.

>
> Open Your Eyes is just one of those films that gets blown out of all
> proportion because it's a culty indie film. Like Donnie Darko.

Meh, I saw it without knowing anything about it, other than VS was a remake, and I thought it was excellent.
Sun 10/04/05 at 14:44
Regular
"8==="
La Haine's about some ghetto kids in france.
Sun 10/04/05 at 14:44
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
What is La Haine about Stryke I've heard its got some wierd ending or summat
Sun 10/04/05 at 14:42
Regular
Go watch Amelie or Brotherhood of the Wolf or La Haine or Hero or The Sea Inside if you want a good film that has subtitles.

Open Your Eyes is just one of those films that gets blown out of all proportion because it's a culty indie film. Like Donnie Darko.
Sun 10/04/05 at 14:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
T'was good, but pales in comparison to the original (which I happened to see the night before, forgot to record it though, which annoyed me).

Anyway, I urge you to watch Open Your Eyes, just about the only subtitled film I've managed to a) sit through b) enjoy. OYE is an excellent film, VS is a good interpretation of it.

One thing I really didn't like in VS though is how the best friend character is interpreted. Maybe it was lost in the translation, but in OYE, he doesn't seem so glib. In VS he just appears to be there for the American audiences to relate to, which kinda annoys me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.