GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh yes."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ADSL modem sitting on my desk, 1mb BT broadband installed, Half Life 2 waiting at home, SW : Battlegrounds installed.

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Goodbye world for the immediate future!
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
WAHEY! Got my DVD player yesterday, took about 30mins to get it in and working, and had a small problem with audio, but that was cus the DVD software thought it was a good idea to turn down the Wave balance slider. Anywhoo, got HL-2 running nicely on full specs, a few minor glitches like white bars appearing on the screen when some sounds play, and that sound skipping in parts. Anyone know how long loading times should be on a 2.5Ghz machine, with 256 RAM (that needs upping soon :P) etc? 2-3 mins seems a little excessive...
Fri 19/11/04 at 21:43
Regular
"the burning sky"
Screw it, it doesnt work. Gonna pick up a £20 16x DVD player from town tomorrow. Should do just fine.
Fri 19/11/04 at 20:15
Regular
"the burning sky"
Ok, finally managed to get Nero to make the disk image (something to do with the sttings), and registered with Steam, updated HL etc,(took 2 hours) so thats all good. But I get an error with the Drive Emulator i'm using. It says something to do with a conflict with the emulator i'm using. Damnit...
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
There are other bits of software to do that sort of thing apart from Nero, yes, and you should try finding one, but I can't help you with which one. Look on download.com

No you don't need a DVD rewriter to rip an image.
Fri 19/11/04 at 17:11
Regular
"the burning sky"
Gah, Hl-2 came today and I installed that little piece of software. So now do I have to make an image of the DVD to run in the virtual drive? Except that Nero wont let me do it, as it claims it cant read the DVD i've put into my DVD drive. I'm not writing to anything but the damn thing wont create the image. Is this because I need a DVD-writer or something? Or is there another piece of software I can use to get it going? If not, i'm buying a DVD drive tomorrow.
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ooo. I'm free.

Have card.
Have 1MB BB connection.
Have a Half Life 2 window open now.

Hmmm...decisions...
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Lipe wrote:
> So who's not going to work/bunking off school tommorrow?

Nah, tried to book the week of work but to no avail. We're already short staffed as it is and I wouldn't feel right leaving everyone at work to do my job while I lounge about at home to play a computer game.

Besides, HL2 will give me something to look forward to while I'm working, makes the night go faster.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:17
Regular
"the burning sky"
Cheers
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:07
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Indeed there is, go here, [URL]http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5[/URL] and download Daemon tools 3.47 (top one), from which you can load up an ISO or BIN or any type of disc image into a virtual drive, where it runs physically from the hard drive, but is treated as a DVD/CD ROM drive.
Mon 15/11/04 at 20:59
Regular
"the burning sky"
I can do the network bit, but wont the game try and run from the disc when installed, or is there a way of ticking it into think that it's running a CD that actually the HD?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.