GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3 - Release date"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/05/01 at 10:47
Regular
In Official UK PS2 mag it's dated for the 6th July. It's worse than the promised 1st June, but better than nothing!
Thu 07/06/01 at 11:29
It definitely runs faster, but you don't necessarily notice unless you're looking for the extra speed. I'm just saying that the lack of a 60Hz mode doesn't have to make the game any less good.
Thu 07/06/01 at 11:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
You should notice the difference as the 60Hz option will be around 17% faster than the 50Hz option. The option should be included as it makes the game run alot faster and smoother.

You wont notice the difference if you have never experienced 60Hz gaming but we here in the UK should suffer just because of our better quality TV system.
Thu 07/06/01 at 11:20
I know what you mean. The lack of a 60Hz option on the PS1 Tekken games never did them any harm. And there really isn't that much to choose between 50Hz and 60Hz on DOA2. The most noticeable thing may actually be the narrow black borders.
Thu 07/06/01 at 09:58
"High polygon count"
DoA2 and Sky Odyssey both have 60Hz options.

But that's only 2 out of the 11 games I own. If I'm honest, it's not really something that's ever bothered me, and as you say, you'd probably never notice the difference unless you played them side by side, or one mode immediately after the other.

I have to admit that I do use 60Hz if the game offers it, but I'm not concerned if it doesn't.

As for GT3 - the inclusion of anamorphic widescreen support should more than make up for 60Hz mode for me (if it's not there) as I do have a widescreen TV.
Thu 07/06/01 at 09:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Hope so. But I think that they must have forgot about it or whatever. The thing is that the PS2 doesnt seem to have any games that are 60Hz. I havent got one that lets you play 60Hz. There maybe one out there but I havent seen it. I really hope GT3 is 60Hz as that will make it much better. Games on the DC have the 60Hz option, not all of them but quite a few and it really does make a difference.

Ok maybe you wouldnt notice not having a 60Hz option if you had only seen the 50Hz option but in the UK we should get these options as standard on all games. Its not going to take 6 months to program and implement into the game. I dont know how long it would take but iam guessing it would be in the region of a few weeks maybe.

If the developers gave us games that were had the 60Hz option then alot of people that imported may think twice. A good thing about being in the UK is that when the games in Japan are released they can sometimes be buggy and too easy e.t.c. Us and the Americans get a better game as they make it a little harder and fix the bugs.

The Bouncer is a game that is abit of a disappointment in Japan and America( I think its out there). But we have yet to see it release, Why?. Because they are redesigning bits of the game, Sony knows that the game isnt up to scratch so they are re-working the game for the UK release. This means we would have waited quite a while for the game but in the end we get a better product than Japan and America has. It might be a game that is an essential purchase when it is released here.
Thu 07/06/01 at 09:39
"High polygon count"
Fair enough, but if they've gone as far as anamorphic widescreen, you'd expect something as relatively simple as 60Hz to be included. Here's hoping!

Also, not sure about the previous Japanese versions, but as you'll probably already know, UK versions have always had volume controls. Not to include them would be pretty odd! That may also explain the slight extra delay we will allegedly have.
Thu 07/06/01 at 09:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
Apparently it has setup options for anamorphic
> widescreen support.

I knew that but with out a wide screen TV it will be no use to me. I hope they sort out the sound as the Japanese version didnt have sound volume controls. You either had the sounds on or off. So if you wanted the music loud and the engine sound low you couldnt. The music volume was set really low. If you watch the DVD from the latest PSW you will notice the low volume of the music.
Wed 06/06/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I can't remember any game that came out on the original release date. Almost every game gets put back.
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:31
"High polygon count"
adrian wrote:
> I dont mind if its 2oth July as long as they do a proper conversion
> of it i.e Full Screen and 60Hz support.

Apparently it has setup options for anamorphic widescreen support.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The Sny Building is on the Tokyo track which is R246.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.