GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wii-diculous"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/11/06 at 12:31
Regular
"8==="
Wish they'd released the Wii in August/September when I was still interested in it.

Now it just looks so mind-crushingly boring. I want complication, not simplification and I want re-invention that's actually likely to be fun and worth playing online.

I do not want another load of shallow 'play for ten minutes and get bored' titles - you can get them off Live Arcade for as little as £3.50.

So first of all: No online to speak of yet. Nice one, woop-di-doo, let me just run down the shops and buy one right now!

Secondly oh it's all the familiar licences trotted out AGAIN, oh you mean those very same licences that I played on the N64 and got bored with on the Cube? Shock horror!

Oh let's not forget that oh-so brilliant FPS from Ubisoft that's getting RAVE reviews... a sequel's in the works already you say? Ummm.

So it's past-gen graphically, dumbed-down and currently offline? Wow just let me get my cheque-book out, clearly Nintendo are on the ball when it comes to not dissappointing people.

Revolution was a much better name too. What self-respecting kid is going to own a console called the Wii? The name obviously screams 'pee-take' from the off.

I really hope we see something with depth and/or a decent online multiplayer. A fluffed-up Gears of War rip-off would do nicely, that's complicated but not too complicated and brilliantly innovative but without losing it's core audience.

Ho-hum.
Fri 01/12/06 at 12:23
"possibly impossible"
Interesting, all the info on it prior to this was pointing towards a platform based game for other formats.
Fri 01/12/06 at 07:53
Regular
"8==="
pb wrote:
> The mini-games are only for the Wii (and possibly DS). Other
> systems are apparently based on a more standard platforming
> format.

Not according to Gamespot:

"The core of Raving Rabbids' design will be consistent across all platforms the game will appear on, though we had to ask how the Wii version will differ, since Nintendo showed footage of the game being played with a Wii controller at its conference. The controls of Raving Rabbids will in fact be heavily adapted to the motion-sensing feature, and it will also contain some extra dancing and racing minigames that will take full advantage of the controller. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game will of course feature high-res art assets befitting their advanced hardware, though there was no word on whether the PS3 game would feature the same controls as the Wii version."

So Wii gets a few extra mini-games but it sounds like the core of the title will be a collection of mini-games that'll be released across all main formats.
Fri 01/12/06 at 01:11
Regular
"8==="
Machie wrote:
>
> Who is the Wii for? The serious gamers who played Nintendo
> machines since the 80/90ies or family fun entertainment like
> playing Monopoly.

Both. However the launch doesn't contain any titles I want, there's nothing online that's worth it yet and there's no online multiplayer as of yet.
Thu 30/11/06 at 23:21
Regular
I'm not following this very well, but is the Wii something we should have got instead of the Gamecude and instead of the Wii we should be getting something a lot more powerful?

At the moment Nintendo are making a profit and it's in all the news and on all the sites, but soon it wont be. And the Wiimote, can we call it a gimmick? I can see myself loving it for the first few weeks, but as weeks turn into months and months to into years, I'm not going to care about the Wiimote anymore. At the end of the day I want to play some great games and Kawada forgive me, but yeah I love graphics.

Who is the Wii for? The serious gamers who played Nintendo machines since the 80/90ies or family fun entertainment like playing Monopoly.
Thu 30/11/06 at 23:06
Regular
"lets go back"
I dont understand the Wii at all anymore.

At first I thought Nintendos idea of trying to capture a new audience of people who dont like overly complex games was a good one. Ive recently realised, however, that it is really stupid.

The Wii only has simple games. The overly complex games wont work so well on a lower powered console with a bizare control set up. This is supposed to be ok, because people who want complex games will by a PS3 or 360 and simple games a Wii. Nintendo are tink though. The PS3 and 360 will have loads of simple games.

For every "complex" game that takes hours to learn the controlls and play the game such as Pro Evo, Metal Gear Solid or Gran Turismo there is an "arcade" version. Think Fifa, Tomb Raider, Burnout.

I personally prefer these arcadey type of games becsuse I cant always be bothered sitting there for hours playing an indepth game, but that doesnt mean I have to buy a Wii, I can still get pick-up-for-5-minute style games on any console.

Nintendo have limited themselves by only having this simplistic approach and what will they do when people want something a bit more in-depth?
Thu 30/11/06 at 18:39
Regular
Hmmmm, they should have released the adventuring for wii as single player mode :S
Thu 30/11/06 at 14:21
"possibly impossible"
The mini-games are only for the Wii (and possibly DS). Other systems are apparently based on a more standard platforming format.
Thu 30/11/06 at 14:15
Regular
"8==="
It is? I was under the impression that it was to be a collection of mini games that was going to be released on all formats. :S
Thu 30/11/06 at 14:11
"possibly impossible"
Weirdly, it's a completely different game on other systems...
Thu 30/11/06 at 14:10
Regular
"8==="
It's be interesting to see what price Raving Rabids finally hits shelves at.

25 quid across the board would be nice, think I'd grab it on day one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.