GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No longer a teen cop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/01/05 at 15:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Before you say anything, Goatboy, it’s not that I’ve just turned 20, because that happened 8 months ago. It’s because today I left the force.

I’ve been thinking about it for a long time now. You may have noticed the lack of posts about my job. No jovial fun about my wacky adventures, and this is because for the last 8 months I’ve been miserable. I’m not going to go into all the details about why I’ve felt so bad at work, but it got so bad that I could no longer sleep properly the night prior to a shift. 2 hours was my maximum and then I’d then wake up dreading going in. Finishing my final shift of each set would just be such a huge relief before the dread of the next set would begin.

I've spent the last 8 months trying to convince myself to stay a little longer because I may change my way of feeling, but the reasons that kept me going were not the same that I entered on. I didn’t want to give up. I didn’t want to disappoint my parents who have supported me a lot in my application and I now have money obligations.

Slowly I have felt worse and worse over time and my work has started to suffer. I’m a good cop on the street and have been told this a lot, but it’s all the other parts that suffered. This hasn’t just affected me but other people too and this is the one thing that I regret.

I finally accepted to myself and my Sgt just how miserable I was yesterday. It was a huge relief to finally let it all out. I handed in my resignation this morning and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted from me.

I feel quite odd at the moment because I have no idea what I’m going to be doing now. There were a few other idea’s floating about my head when I joined. These being either the Fire Service or being a fitness instructor, but I have no idea at the moment about if this is something I’m going to persue. Right now I just think I need to take a little time to decide what I want and let no other factors other then that make my decision.

I wouldn’t take my time back that I spent in the police, because I’ve seen and got to do a lot in the last year and a half that some people don’t get to do all their lives. I’ve had some excellent training opportunities and police officer on the CV can be very helpful. Not only this but I’ve also grown up a lot during my time in. I’m much more cynical then when I joined and I think I’m a little more sarcastic too, but I’ve matured. I now know that money isn’t everything in a job, because I was on a very good wage for my age.

No real point to this post, but I’ve typed it in about 5 minutes as a way of venting, so sorry if it’s jumbled or makes no sense.

So yeah, R.I.P PC English_Bloke

Oh and one more thing. During a slightly emotional goodbye with some colleagues while trying to be serious and thank them for support and such a bird shat on my head. Just though some of you sick bashtards would want to know that.
Wed 05/01/05 at 18:30
Regular
"Laughingstock"
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. And you did it. So well done.
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:55
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
True, it is a job in which you see/hear some things you wont anywhere else. I mean, raise your hand if you've been told just how handsome you are by a gay 40-year-old covered in bird crap in the last 6 months.

*Raises hand*
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yup, I got that idea purely from nobbing a DI with the Met. The things I heard/saw/learned were amusing and/or shocking.
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:49
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Being a cop is actually great training for being a criminal. I know how the force opperates...poorly!
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Be a criminal now!
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
English_Bloke wrote:
> Oh and one more thing. During a slightly emotional goodbye with some
> colleagues while trying to be serious and thank them for support and
> such a bird shat on my head.

That's meant to be good luck.

Although you do get some big birds in the police force, and that's a strange way of saying goodbye...
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
English_Bloke wrote:

> It did. Thanks ;)

*Sigh*

I try to be all nice and sincere and that's the reply I get. Typical :D
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:12
Regular
"That's right!"
Well, you've put me off joining the filth. I guess I'll go sell some drugs instead.

Edit - Oh yeah, and actually well done on having the bottle to up and leave. When I've been miserable I've always just put up with it instead of doing something about it, so kudos.
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Timmargh wrote:
> Eek. Sorry to hear that, English, but at least you gave it a go - most
> people spend their lives regretting what might have been, but you can
> say "Been there, done that".
>
> Does this mean I've got to put the kettle on for Trish, Grix
> and you?

and me... i'm a lousy student layabout for another week :)
Wed 05/01/05 at 16:54
Regular
Two sugars please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.