GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No longer a teen cop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/01/05 at 15:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Before you say anything, Goatboy, it’s not that I’ve just turned 20, because that happened 8 months ago. It’s because today I left the force.

I’ve been thinking about it for a long time now. You may have noticed the lack of posts about my job. No jovial fun about my wacky adventures, and this is because for the last 8 months I’ve been miserable. I’m not going to go into all the details about why I’ve felt so bad at work, but it got so bad that I could no longer sleep properly the night prior to a shift. 2 hours was my maximum and then I’d then wake up dreading going in. Finishing my final shift of each set would just be such a huge relief before the dread of the next set would begin.

I've spent the last 8 months trying to convince myself to stay a little longer because I may change my way of feeling, but the reasons that kept me going were not the same that I entered on. I didn’t want to give up. I didn’t want to disappoint my parents who have supported me a lot in my application and I now have money obligations.

Slowly I have felt worse and worse over time and my work has started to suffer. I’m a good cop on the street and have been told this a lot, but it’s all the other parts that suffered. This hasn’t just affected me but other people too and this is the one thing that I regret.

I finally accepted to myself and my Sgt just how miserable I was yesterday. It was a huge relief to finally let it all out. I handed in my resignation this morning and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted from me.

I feel quite odd at the moment because I have no idea what I’m going to be doing now. There were a few other idea’s floating about my head when I joined. These being either the Fire Service or being a fitness instructor, but I have no idea at the moment about if this is something I’m going to persue. Right now I just think I need to take a little time to decide what I want and let no other factors other then that make my decision.

I wouldn’t take my time back that I spent in the police, because I’ve seen and got to do a lot in the last year and a half that some people don’t get to do all their lives. I’ve had some excellent training opportunities and police officer on the CV can be very helpful. Not only this but I’ve also grown up a lot during my time in. I’m much more cynical then when I joined and I think I’m a little more sarcastic too, but I’ve matured. I now know that money isn’t everything in a job, because I was on a very good wage for my age.

No real point to this post, but I’ve typed it in about 5 minutes as a way of venting, so sorry if it’s jumbled or makes no sense.

So yeah, R.I.P PC English_Bloke

Oh and one more thing. During a slightly emotional goodbye with some colleagues while trying to be serious and thank them for support and such a bird shat on my head. Just though some of you sick bashtards would want to know that.
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Before you say anything, Goatboy, it’s not that I’ve just turned 20, because that happened 8 months ago. It’s because today I left the force.

I’ve been thinking about it for a long time now. You may have noticed the lack of posts about my job. No jovial fun about my wacky adventures, and this is because for the last 8 months I’ve been miserable. I’m not going to go into all the details about why I’ve felt so bad at work, but it got so bad that I could no longer sleep properly the night prior to a shift. 2 hours was my maximum and then I’d then wake up dreading going in. Finishing my final shift of each set would just be such a huge relief before the dread of the next set would begin.

I've spent the last 8 months trying to convince myself to stay a little longer because I may change my way of feeling, but the reasons that kept me going were not the same that I entered on. I didn’t want to give up. I didn’t want to disappoint my parents who have supported me a lot in my application and I now have money obligations.

Slowly I have felt worse and worse over time and my work has started to suffer. I’m a good cop on the street and have been told this a lot, but it’s all the other parts that suffered. This hasn’t just affected me but other people too and this is the one thing that I regret.

I finally accepted to myself and my Sgt just how miserable I was yesterday. It was a huge relief to finally let it all out. I handed in my resignation this morning and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted from me.

I feel quite odd at the moment because I have no idea what I’m going to be doing now. There were a few other idea’s floating about my head when I joined. These being either the Fire Service or being a fitness instructor, but I have no idea at the moment about if this is something I’m going to persue. Right now I just think I need to take a little time to decide what I want and let no other factors other then that make my decision.

I wouldn’t take my time back that I spent in the police, because I’ve seen and got to do a lot in the last year and a half that some people don’t get to do all their lives. I’ve had some excellent training opportunities and police officer on the CV can be very helpful. Not only this but I’ve also grown up a lot during my time in. I’m much more cynical then when I joined and I think I’m a little more sarcastic too, but I’ve matured. I now know that money isn’t everything in a job, because I was on a very good wage for my age.

No real point to this post, but I’ve typed it in about 5 minutes as a way of venting, so sorry if it’s jumbled or makes no sense.

So yeah, R.I.P PC English_Bloke

Oh and one more thing. During a slightly emotional goodbye with some colleagues while trying to be serious and thank them for support and such a bird shat on my head. Just though some of you sick bashtards would want to know that.
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:11
Regular
"bing bang bong"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Oh and one more thing. During a slightly emotional goodbye with some
> colleagues while trying to be serious and thank them for support and
> such a bird shat on my head. Just though some of you sick bashtards
> would want to know that.

That's really funny. Congratulations for putting your happiness first.
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:14
Regular
"long time"
i must say im shocked! but now you can get on with being happy and a bird pooing on head is ment to bring happines!
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:15
Regular
"Captain to you."
become a internet pirate.

good luck with what ever you choose to do next :D
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:31
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I empathise with you EB; I felt the same about being a solicitor and it was an enormous relief when I quit. My brother also felt very similar when he left Northumbria Police.

My advice to you would be to take a loooong holiday. All the best, chin up, and other tediously inevitable and sincerely meant sentiments.
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Its a bit crap being in a job you hate, the best thing to do is get out. Oh, and the bird bit is ace.
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:45
Regular
Congrats about the quitting, fantastic about the bird.

Take your time. I guess finding out how much you hate doing something will help you eventually find something you enjoy doing.

Would you want to stay on the street in some sort of exciting job, or would you prefer to be behind desks and paper etc?

On a side note I don't think you've let anyone down, especially not yourself. At least, that's what Dr Phil tells me.
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:46
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Oh Sweetheart. Bit of a shame really that the job didn't live up to your expectations also brave of you to up and leave without knowing what else you want to do.

Enjoy the break from the daily grind and I hope the next thing you try your hand at gives you more pleasure.
Wed 05/01/05 at 16:06
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Cheers people. I'm not going to be in a serious hurry to get into the career for me, but if it falls into my lap then I wont moan either. Right now I just want to take some time to get my head sorted. As Grix said I'm going to take some time off and then probably get some little job while I find my passion.

Ineedsleep wrote:
> Enjoy the break from the daily grind and I hope the next thing you
> try your hand at gives you more pleasure.

It did. Thanks ;)
Wed 05/01/05 at 16:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Awww there there.

Well done etc etc yada for making the call, you're stil, young so can try whatever you want really.

Oh and the bird made me kinda of burst out laughing which usually doesn't happen... I usually have build up to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.