GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"United to end Arsenal's Run?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/10/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
After recent displays by United, im not so sure we will beat them.
There is a severe lack of 'football' about us at the moment and it seems to be a case of hoofing the ball in the air in desparation.

The team is constantly changed on a weekly basis by Fergie which is really frustrating as it disrupts the team; many of the players seem to have simply forgotten where and how they are supposed to be playing and the general morale of the team is down. The defence looked so poor in midweek against Sparta Prague; it's almost like if Rio's not playing, the defence aren't playing and the attacks not much different.

One important fact is that if we don't beat Arsenal on Sunday then I would say farewell to our title chances this season, that may be the single reason to spur United on to winning on Sunday but it won't be easy - thats for sure. Writing off our title chances at such an early stage in the league is beyond depressing.

So come on United, let's see what you are made of.

Predictions and any views on where the match will be won and loss please.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:17
Regular
Azul DX wrote:
> You're an idiot!

That's not an argument. That's just playground name-calling. You don't agree? Then reply with an intelligent response; don't prove yourself to be exactly what you're accusing me of.

> What did he do apart from score from 8 yards out with a ball that was
> absolutely gifted to him?

Superb awareness and positioning, for one. And please don't tell me you're basing your opinion of him on this one game. I said he was fantastic - general comment. Today, because of where he was placed and the opposition's tendency to watch him like a hawk, he didn't shine as much as usual. Otherwise, he's superb, and it's shocking to see how few people realise that.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:16
"I love yo... lamp."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Oh how beautiful this is, do you want some cheese with that whine
> Arsenal fans? :-D
>
> Does a happy jig

Yes, some French Roule if possible.

Even you have to admit that Utd were rather lucky with some decisions.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:15
"I love yo... lamp."
JFH wrote:
> You'd have had to have some balls to send off the home team's top
> defender that early in the match.

True. He still should of though. And if he hasn't got that sort of guts then he shouldn't be refereeing big matches. The very least he should have done would have been to book Ferdinand.
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Azul DX wrote:
> Yeah, clearly not as good as Spurs, eh?
>
> And besides - who said they were? Because not a single Arsenal fan I
> know said anything of the sort.

Then you know NO Arsenal fans. Haven't you seen the T-shirts they all wear 'unbeatable, Invincible and something else'
Regular
Anyway - if you watch AC v Inter tonight, you'll see how football is meant to be played between rivals.
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mike Riley is a bad referee, but if you think that was a screwjob today then you haven't watched many football matches at all.

At the end of the day, the better team won. The first penalty shouldn't have been given, but the second was a definite penalty. The Ljunberg and Rio coming together will be debated, but it was very hard to judge.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
Much like all the strikers on the pitch, Rooney did nothing until he dived.

Perhaps if that penalty hadn't been given, then Cole wouldn't have 'made up' for the penalty and Arsenal wouldn't have let in an easy second...
Regular
Foreman wrote:
> Why the hell does he have to tell every player off that commits a
> foul. Just get on with the game and keep it moving.

That's what I was thinking.
I was getting irritated every time a foul occured, because he would always stop play for a wee blether with the players.
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
and to answer the original topic question

OH HELL YEA!!!! :-D
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:13
Regular
"0228"
Man of the match for Ferdinand.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.