GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"United to end Arsenal's Run?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/10/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
After recent displays by United, im not so sure we will beat them.
There is a severe lack of 'football' about us at the moment and it seems to be a case of hoofing the ball in the air in desparation.

The team is constantly changed on a weekly basis by Fergie which is really frustrating as it disrupts the team; many of the players seem to have simply forgotten where and how they are supposed to be playing and the general morale of the team is down. The defence looked so poor in midweek against Sparta Prague; it's almost like if Rio's not playing, the defence aren't playing and the attacks not much different.

One important fact is that if we don't beat Arsenal on Sunday then I would say farewell to our title chances this season, that may be the single reason to spur United on to winning on Sunday but it won't be easy - thats for sure. Writing off our title chances at such an early stage in the league is beyond depressing.

So come on United, let's see what you are made of.

Predictions and any views on where the match will be won and loss please.
Fri 22/10/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I think it'll be 2-0 to Arsenal.

Man Utd dont stand a chance in winning, no backbone in the team anymore.
Fri 22/10/04 at 14:35
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
I can see a 1-1 or 2-2 draw... it won't end their streak, but both teams know its a big game and United will perhaps go into it with a stronger mentality than they've displayed recently.

I hate Arsenal, and as a Man City supporter I hate Man United - but I want to see Arsenal's unbeaten streak eradicated ASAP, its not funny anymore =P
Fri 22/10/04 at 14:20
Regular
"Baros!!!"
No chance.

Got a feeling Arsenal will win 4-1. Seems impossible, but I just got that feeling.

Man United aren't playing how they usually play. I used to remember when the went 1-0 down and then slaughtered the opposition with attack after attack, but now the just look ordinary.

They are still a good side, but not as good as they should be.
Fri 22/10/04 at 13:33
Regular
Its an option. Who knows what Fergie will actually pick. Rooney has hardly been impressive apart from his first game, and still needs games to get fully fit. A game of this higher profile might be too much for him.

And despite Arsenals records of pretty much scoring in every game in recent history, they havnt scored at OT in the prem for two seasons running.
Fri 22/10/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
As for the main question : No
Fri 22/10/04 at 13:24
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Why do you rest Rooney? He is the kind of player who can win the game allon his own. It's ridiculous, normally by the time you'll bring him on, Arsenal will have sealed the game.

If Utd are gonna even get close, Ronaldo HAS to play, otherwise you have no supply or creativity at all.
Fri 22/10/04 at 13:18
Regular
Not usually that many chances in these games, so it usually comes down to the better finishing and goalkeepers.

Carrol pretty much kept united in the game (Fa Cup semi) early on which led to sneaking the victory.

Ronaldo is of course uniteds main supply line, but Ashley Cole has had pretty good games against him when they have met. Could be an idea to play Ronaldo on the left, as he might be wasted against Cole.

I want Smith playing, as you need that type of physical charge against the arsenal, perhaps put him on the right with Saha and Van up front, and Rooney on the bench.

Probably too many options for Fergie. Who knows what he will pick I didnt even mention Giggs, but i heard he had a poor game in midweek (missed it - was working)

My prediction is 1-0 to united.
Fri 22/10/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
After recent displays by United, im not so sure we will beat them.
There is a severe lack of 'football' about us at the moment and it seems to be a case of hoofing the ball in the air in desparation.

The team is constantly changed on a weekly basis by Fergie which is really frustrating as it disrupts the team; many of the players seem to have simply forgotten where and how they are supposed to be playing and the general morale of the team is down. The defence looked so poor in midweek against Sparta Prague; it's almost like if Rio's not playing, the defence aren't playing and the attacks not much different.

One important fact is that if we don't beat Arsenal on Sunday then I would say farewell to our title chances this season, that may be the single reason to spur United on to winning on Sunday but it won't be easy - thats for sure. Writing off our title chances at such an early stage in the league is beyond depressing.

So come on United, let's see what you are made of.

Predictions and any views on where the match will be won and loss please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.