GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"United to end Arsenal's Run?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/10/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
After recent displays by United, im not so sure we will beat them.
There is a severe lack of 'football' about us at the moment and it seems to be a case of hoofing the ball in the air in desparation.

The team is constantly changed on a weekly basis by Fergie which is really frustrating as it disrupts the team; many of the players seem to have simply forgotten where and how they are supposed to be playing and the general morale of the team is down. The defence looked so poor in midweek against Sparta Prague; it's almost like if Rio's not playing, the defence aren't playing and the attacks not much different.

One important fact is that if we don't beat Arsenal on Sunday then I would say farewell to our title chances this season, that may be the single reason to spur United on to winning on Sunday but it won't be easy - thats for sure. Writing off our title chances at such an early stage in the league is beyond depressing.

So come on United, let's see what you are made of.

Predictions and any views on where the match will be won and loss please.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:27
Regular
or†ega wrote:
> And despite Arsenals records of pretty much scoring in every game in
> recent history, they havnt scored at OT in the prem for two seasons
> running.

Make that 3 seasons running :)
Sun 24/10/04 at 22:04
Regular
Azul DX wrote:
> "Man Utd didn't beat Arsenal. Mike Reilly did."
>
> To be honest, this sums it up perfectly.

How many goals did he score then?

Every team get their fair share of bad and good decisions alike.

Stop crying about it.

Arsenal have been helped out in the past.

And more to the point the score was 2-0... as in there was more than just a penalty decision.

Women. The lot of ya.
Sun 24/10/04 at 21:45
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
swander wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
> I've seen a lot, lot worse. But for a high profile match, it wasn't
> good reffing. However, I still think it would have been the same
> outcome with another randomly selected Premiership ref.
>
> It depends. Would they have sent off Ferdinand, who single handedly
> saved about four great Arsenal chances? Would they have given Rooney
> a penalty even though Campbell clearly removed his leg?
>
> The way the game was going before the penalty, Man Utd didn't look
> like getting anything and even if Ashley Cole had conceded one ten
> minutes later, Arsenal could have been one or two up.

2 up yet they only had 1 shot on target???i would love to have seen that! face it you lost...im suprised ive not seen anyone say rooney was off side yet!
Sun 24/10/04 at 19:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
English_Bloke wrote:
> The United defence just can't hold out.

Sorry English Bloke, mind saying that again please :-D
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:58
Regular
As for the penalty decision, I've just sat through all of Sky's analysis and it was a penalty from the angle the ref had. And Thats all the decision can be based upon.

Oh, and Arsenal had an amazing one shot on target...wooo.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:54
Regular
Just a few hand picked.

t'Azul wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> My prediction?
>
> Man U 3 - 1 Arsenal
>
> Ahahah - now that's optimism. No, wait, that other word.
> Stupidity.

Whos the stupid one now :P

English_Bloke wrote:
> Just you watch...just you watch.

Oh yes, remind me what i'm watching for? :P

Trish wrote:
> I think it'll be 2-0 to Arsenal.
>
> Man Utd dont stand a chance in winning, no backbone in the team
> anymore.

No backbone?! This fixture is the only reason P.Neville is in the squad! Legend! Took out Henry with an amazing challenge early on.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Arsenal were beaten by some absolutely awful refereeing, although take nothing away from RVN - he managed to get it right this time. Not completely ballooning it anywhere like an idiot, but just taking the penalty normally. Also, I wasn't aware that Rooney was a cheat in football. Now, he's completely changed my opinion though. Meh. Idiot.

I think Arsenal are still going to win the Premiership, and their run was going to have to end sometime, but did it have to be to Man United with some crappy decisions involved? Could someone like Bolton or Middlesbrough just not have done it normally with good play? I'm not saying Chelsea or Man United here because when they play Arsenal, they never play properly; they're far too cautious, and with good reason I suppose. That's why I was expecting teams like the aforementioned mid-table sides to eventually beat Arsenal; they have nothing to lose, and so go into the match playing their normal, attacking football.

Bah, disappointing.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:32
Regular
""
Well, Man U had a lucky match, we all still know that Arsenal are the Champions and losing 1 game is not the end of the world.

And we will prove that when Man U come to Highbury.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:31
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Remember Pires at Pompey?

You took the words right out of my mouth after reading the previous post.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Remember Pires at Pompey? Well this is karma finally catching up to them. Don't start acting holier than thou now Arsenal fans, you've gotten away with far worse so don't complain when it happens to you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.