GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Watch out for your domains!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/09/04 at 18:11
"quod erat demonstru"
I've just got of the phone with Freeola support after a very worrying conversation.

Basically, Freeola failed to send me a domain renewal until a year after one of my domains expired. In the meantime, someone else has acquired the domain. Luckily, it wasnt an active site yet, so I've been saved a lot of embarrassment, but annoyingly this was a good net name that I've now lost.

Freeola's position is that it is not their responsibility to remind its users when a domain requires renewal...so hard luck.

Probably like many others out there, I've never kept a record of when any of the domains I own are due for renewal - Freeola have always pestered me with countless emails well in advance. Are there any of the support / moderators out there who can tell me how I can get the renewal dates for multiple domains hosted at Freeola in my name, without having to resort to a whois search on each one individually?
Sun 12/09/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You don't have to own a site to want to track it...

I knew of quite a few sites that I knew were going to expire very soon and if they wern't renewed I was going to buy them.

That's what people use these programs for, they just put thousands of domains into them and as soon as one is mistakenly not renewed they snap it up hoping to sell it back to the occupant.

I can pretty much guarantee that if I left my site and didn't renew it, it would be snapped up almost straight away by someone. Someone's already bought phi11ip.co.uk with the intention of selling it!
Sun 12/09/04 at 19:01
Regular
"Bicycle"
phi11ip wrote:
> Someone's already bought phi11ip.co.uk with the intention of selling it!

Creepy...
Sun 12/09/04 at 21:44
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Hmmm... wrote:
> BS Filter V3.7 PRO seems to be working. BS already cut by 66%
> !

Excellent. I've just finished installing "Hmmm Ignore 2004", works great for me!
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:07
Regular
See this post which seems to sort out most issues with FREEOLA domains:
[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=109431&forumid=206[/URL]

I'm sure FREEOLA/GET DOTTED/SR all know what's going on really ;¬)
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Freeola Support"
That is about the new domain administration system for GetDotted.com customer, I'm not sure of the exact features as I have yet to view it.
If you are unsure about expiry dates submit a ticket to [URL]http://www.freeola.info/request[/URL] and we can check for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.