GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Watch out for your domains!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/09/04 at 18:11
"quod erat demonstru"
I've just got of the phone with Freeola support after a very worrying conversation.

Basically, Freeola failed to send me a domain renewal until a year after one of my domains expired. In the meantime, someone else has acquired the domain. Luckily, it wasnt an active site yet, so I've been saved a lot of embarrassment, but annoyingly this was a good net name that I've now lost.

Freeola's position is that it is not their responsibility to remind its users when a domain requires renewal...so hard luck.

Probably like many others out there, I've never kept a record of when any of the domains I own are due for renewal - Freeola have always pestered me with countless emails well in advance. Are there any of the support / moderators out there who can tell me how I can get the renewal dates for multiple domains hosted at Freeola in my name, without having to resort to a whois search on each one individually?
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:11
"quod erat demonstru"
I've just got of the phone with Freeola support after a very worrying conversation.

Basically, Freeola failed to send me a domain renewal until a year after one of my domains expired. In the meantime, someone else has acquired the domain. Luckily, it wasnt an active site yet, so I've been saved a lot of embarrassment, but annoyingly this was a good net name that I've now lost.

Freeola's position is that it is not their responsibility to remind its users when a domain requires renewal...so hard luck.

Probably like many others out there, I've never kept a record of when any of the domains I own are due for renewal - Freeola have always pestered me with countless emails well in advance. Are there any of the support / moderators out there who can tell me how I can get the renewal dates for multiple domains hosted at Freeola in my name, without having to resort to a whois search on each one individually?
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:16
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Most people will send you an email asking you to renew the domain, purely because it earns them money.

Freeola not caring whether you renew or not is quite odd really, they do want to make the purchase, don't they?

In fact quite a few registras allow you to have 'auto-renew' on which renews the domain automatically for you. You just provide the details and they'll renew it for you.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:33
Regular
Attila_the_coder wrote:
> Are there any of the support / moderators out there who can tell me how
> I can get the renewal dates for multiple domains hosted at Freeola in my
> name, without having to resort to a whois search on each one
> individually?

Good post - I've got a number of domains with FREEOLA and checking each one individually is a pain. I also noticed when the last one came up for renewal a few months back I only received the 1 reminder rather than the usual 1 per month for 3 months in advance.

Comments please FREEOLA...
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I think they contact you three times and then it's up to you.

Is is too difficult to stick a reminder in a schedule/calendar application?
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:57
Regular
They sent me 3 letters and I didn't even want to reniew my domain.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:57
"quod erat demonstru"
Timmargh,
read my post again - they sent the first renewal notice a year AFTER it had expired.

Yes, it would be good to put these in a calendar, etc. etc. Thats what I want to do now that I cant rely on Freeola renewals.
Wed 01/09/04 at 19:16
"quod erat demonstru"
Another question...

How do I renew a domain that is not flagged as being up for renewal.

NB. Other than phoning customer services...it could have expired by the time you get through. :)
Thu 02/09/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Attila_the_coder wrote:
> Timmargh, read my post again - they sent the first renewal notice a year AFTER
> it had expired.

Oh, right - sorry.
Thu 02/09/04 at 12:38
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> Is is too difficult to stick a reminder in a schedule/calendar
> application?
Trouble with this is as the number of domains builds up (40+) it becomes a larger overhead to manage. Also if everything is in a schedule/calendar you could still get caught out as the reminders will be a few years ahead and that can be quite a long time in the life of a PC.

Other providers have ways of maintaining your domain portfolio from one central place. You can long in and you can control and manage everything.
FREEOLA's Control Panel isn't quite as sophisticated as this. But did I see someone mention a Control Panel update on it's way?
Thu 02/09/04 at 13:23
Regular
"Freeola Support"
GWD wrote:
> Attila_the_coder wrote:
> Are there any of the support / moderators out there who can tell me
> how
> I can get the renewal dates for multiple domains hosted at Freeola in
> my
> name, without having to resort to a whois search on each one
> individually?
>
> Good post - I've got a number of domains with FREEOLA and checking
> each one individually is a pain. I also noticed when the last one
> came up for renewal a few months back I only received the 1 reminder
> rather than the usual 1 per month for 3 months in advance.
>
> Comments please FREEOLA...
If you require to know the expiry dates for a number of domains please contact us via [URL]http://www.freeola.info/request/[/URL] or fax with with some details so we can search for the domains we have registered for you.
We will attempt to make you aware of any Domain Expiries but this is done by an automated process and we simply can not go through every single renewal manually. If anyone else requires to find out their expiry date search for domain on [URL]http://www.getdotted.com[/URL] and click the link.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.