GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Watch out for your domains!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/09/04 at 18:11
"quod erat demonstru"
I've just got of the phone with Freeola support after a very worrying conversation.

Basically, Freeola failed to send me a domain renewal until a year after one of my domains expired. In the meantime, someone else has acquired the domain. Luckily, it wasnt an active site yet, so I've been saved a lot of embarrassment, but annoyingly this was a good net name that I've now lost.

Freeola's position is that it is not their responsibility to remind its users when a domain requires renewal...so hard luck.

Probably like many others out there, I've never kept a record of when any of the domains I own are due for renewal - Freeola have always pestered me with countless emails well in advance. Are there any of the support / moderators out there who can tell me how I can get the renewal dates for multiple domains hosted at Freeola in my name, without having to resort to a whois search on each one individually?
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Freeola Support"
That is about the new domain administration system for GetDotted.com customer, I'm not sure of the exact features as I have yet to view it.
If you are unsure about expiry dates submit a ticket to [URL]http://www.freeola.info/request[/URL] and we can check for you.
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:07
Regular
See this post which seems to sort out most issues with FREEOLA domains:
[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=109431&forumid=206[/URL]

I'm sure FREEOLA/GET DOTTED/SR all know what's going on really ;¬)
Sun 12/09/04 at 21:44
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Hmmm... wrote:
> BS Filter V3.7 PRO seems to be working. BS already cut by 66%
> !

Excellent. I've just finished installing "Hmmm Ignore 2004", works great for me!
Sun 12/09/04 at 19:01
Regular
"Bicycle"
phi11ip wrote:
> Someone's already bought phi11ip.co.uk with the intention of selling it!

Creepy...
Sun 12/09/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You don't have to own a site to want to track it...

I knew of quite a few sites that I knew were going to expire very soon and if they wern't renewed I was going to buy them.

That's what people use these programs for, they just put thousands of domains into them and as soon as one is mistakenly not renewed they snap it up hoping to sell it back to the occupant.

I can pretty much guarantee that if I left my site and didn't renew it, it would be snapped up almost straight away by someone. Someone's already bought phi11ip.co.uk with the intention of selling it!
Sun 12/09/04 at 17:20
"Are you sure?"
> Tyla wrote:
> ...Used to use it myself to keep track of over 900 domain names.

Then after applying all the updates and patches -

> ... My last employer hosted 300 sites.

BS Filter V3.7 PRO seems to be working. BS already cut by 66% !

> Tyla wrote:
>You obviously haven't been about here very long, otherwise you'd have a >better idea of who your talking too.

This is hopefully fixed in the next release!
Sun 12/09/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Na, you're not that bad, it's only when people do stuff like that that you get annoyed. Which is perfectly reasonable if you ask me!

And with the fonts, I found out that going into the folder, selecting all, right clicking and selecting properties to find out how many files there are is a bad idea. It opens a different properties box for each font, it crashed my PC!
Sun 12/09/04 at 01:32
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
phi11ip wrote:
> Rule number 1:
>
> Don't f**k with Tyla. :c)

I'm not that bad... Am I? In all honesty, I just don't suffer tw@ts!

> Oh, and the font count is currently 606 on this PC.

Current count on mine is now only 12... only swith the rest on as and when I need them. Spent loads of time last week printing out contact sheets for them all which makes life a lot easier, albeit 2000 odd pages!

> One more thing,
> [URL]http://www.download.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=domain&tg=dl-20&search.x=16&search.y=8&search=+Go%21+[/URL]
> as this might be helpful...

THis is really doing my nut in now. This app rocks. You set up all your domains into it and it just sits there watching them and occasionally reminding you when they've fallen over or about to expire. The best bit is you can set it to auto renew them too! I will find this dam thing if it's the last thing I do!
Sun 12/09/04 at 01:10
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Rule number 1:

Don't f**k with Tyla. :c)

-

I've got 5 domains that I own, the most expensive costs over £2.4 million and the cheapest is £2.50

Oh, and the font count is currently 606 on this PC.

One more thing, [URL]http://www.download.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=domain&tg=dl-20&search.x=16&search.y=8&search=+Go%21+[/URL] as this might be helpful...
Sun 12/09/04 at 00:56
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
GWD wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> No worries, it's that good a bit of software I shall continue my
> search
>
> Please keep searching... !

Can't find it here. Tad annoyed, was on a .NET disc. Will be calling someone I used to work with who should still have a copy on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.