GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghost Recon 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ghost Recon 2'.
Fri 28/01/05 at 22:00
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Picked this up for £20 in (you know if you changed the name to Ghost Secon it would have the initials GS) and so far im in love. I was just expecting it to be a longer GR1 and was quite suprised to find myself shooting in 3rd person. Played a bit of live and the levels are absolutely immence. Especially a trench one which is a snipers dream. Somehow iv'e gone from 1star rank to 5 star in just one game so I think the stats are a bit poo but still brilliant game. Will update when iv'e palyed more single player.
Sat 29/01/05 at 13:38
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I played the first mission on christmas day got shot full of holes and started The Third Age which took up most of my time and then onto Sudeki.

I mainly got it for online but the short amount of time I spent on the single player was good fun.
Sat 29/01/05 at 16:17
"Tesco value"
is there a 1st person mode option?

I've always found 3rd person a bit poo
Sat 29/01/05 at 16:30
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
There is yes, but 3rd really does work well with this game.
Sat 29/01/05 at 16:37
"Tesco value"
Merci.

They had it at my local Game store, which I hardly ever use anymore it was about 20 quid as well.

thought the orignal was pretty bland though, id much rather a city type landscape then a repetitive jungle.

I shall muse over it a while...
Sat 29/01/05 at 18:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm, you sl*g, I was going to get this anyway.
Sun 30/01/05 at 09:43
Regular
Does it have many online players?
Sun 30/01/05 at 10:04
Regular
"8==="
The Island Thunder pack always had games going.

This is more mainstream than that. There'll be plenty of players, Ubi keeps things ticking over with dedicated forums and I believe there are clans too.
Sun 30/01/05 at 10:28
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
The one thing Ubi cant do though is a decent stat system, granted this is better than the stupid PT one its so shallow. Basicly your rated on a star rating varying from 1-5 and beleive me its very easy to get to five.
Sun 30/01/05 at 10:30
Apparently, if you do well in a game of 5 stars, you'll get promoted very quickly indeed.

One bad thing about GR2 is the optimatch, it takes forever to find one; by the time the filters show what's available, the game status will have changed, and you'll have to wait another10 mins or so for it to end.
Sun 30/01/05 at 10:51
Regular
"8==="
Stars?

Damn, might stick to GR:IT then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.