GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some rap/Hip hop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/07/04 at 22:34
Regular
I Used to stay with my rock and indie, and a bit of more mainstream stuff like tupac and dre, but i have found my self listening to increasingly more Rap and hip hop to supplement my fine tastes over the last few months. Been listening to a bit of DMX and Ludacris, some of outkast's non hey ya kinda stuff. Basically i like things that flow well and have quality basslines.

can anyone Reccommend me some good artists/tracks?

thanks
Mon 19/07/04 at 13:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I did hear a rumour that there's special software built in to stop ripping it off. Apparently there's a warning on the box somewhere that it contains software, but most probably assume it's the video that comes with it. Doesn't matter if you've got Wavelab though...
Mon 19/07/04 at 15:04
Regular
It's weird, because I got it to work a few of times, but now whenever I put the disc in there's a chugging sound and nothing loads up. It's maybe just my copy that's a bit funked.
Tue 20/07/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
monkey_man wrote:
> Some of the more political lyrics are a bit cringey, but for a band
> that lives and works out of New York, how could they avoid it? Being
> peace activists, 'free Tibet', and all that, it's quite refreshing to
> hear some anti-Bush prose that actually rocks.

True, it does in the first song, the second song it's still cool, third gets a bit tiresome and the fourth gets annoying. We got it MCA you're anti-violence, war and Bush. Devote 1 or 2 songs to your political message, don't litter the whole flipping album with it, it, for me at least, spoils the enjoyment. Music is an escape from the world, i don't need to be brought back to it every verse.
Tue 20/07/04 at 20:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyway main rules of getting to hear good hip hop music:

1. If it has G-Unit, Ja or Nelly on the album, avoid it like the plague.

2. All the old stuff is gold, it's when rappers actually had something important to say instead of telling you what size rims they're riding on

3. Avoid any english 'rappers' apart from Slick Rick (who moved to America when he was 6 anyway) sorry but they can't rap and i don't care what they say after living in Brooklyn for part of my life, living in the 'struggle' of Tottenham doesn't sound quite as tough.

4. Avoid most female rap to, again apart from a very select few they can't rap either. Most of them want to be little female gangstas running around the place, sorry girls can't take you serious either.
Tue 20/07/04 at 20:40
Regular
Hey, Nelly used to be quite good!
Tue 20/07/04 at 21:15
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Anything by the following artists:
>

> Mark B & Blade

ha i've seen them live. They are alright weren't great.
Tue 20/07/04 at 21:52
Regular
"One More Chance"
Asher D wrote:
> Hey, Nelly used to be quite good!

He did, Country Grammar is great. And Klasknekoff is a good British rapper and a alright female rapper is MC Shystie, well 'One Wish' by her is good.
Wed 21/07/04 at 02:17
Regular
I'm not a big music fan but Nas - One mic is pretty good..
Wed 21/07/04 at 02:20
Regular
"8==="
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday

Basically got me into rap music. Thoroughly brilliant and never a dull moment.
Wed 21/07/04 at 07:53
Regular
": ("
Kanye West - College Dropout

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.