GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some rap/Hip hop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/07/04 at 22:34
Regular
I Used to stay with my rock and indie, and a bit of more mainstream stuff like tupac and dre, but i have found my self listening to increasingly more Rap and hip hop to supplement my fine tastes over the last few months. Been listening to a bit of DMX and Ludacris, some of outkast's non hey ya kinda stuff. Basically i like things that flow well and have quality basslines.

can anyone Reccommend me some good artists/tracks?

thanks
Sun 18/07/04 at 16:20
"Was UW."
Skinnyman, Beastie Boys etc. They're all good.
Sun 18/07/04 at 16:20
"Was UW."
Skinnyman, Beastie Boys etc. They're all good.
Sun 18/07/04 at 19:31
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Stay away from 50 Cent, Sean Paul etc., they have no talent and dont know what real hip-hop is. Try some NWA, 'Straight Outta Compton' is a great album. Eminem's good too but some people who like hip-hop cant stand him for some reason.
Sun 18/07/04 at 20:03
Regular
HHAT wrote:
> BEastie Boys new album is good...
>
> It's rap without the agrro.. which is nice :-)

Muchly, I prefer it to most other hip hop/rap. Worth getting the album, Open Letter to NYC is especially great.
Mon 19/07/04 at 10:51
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Ok someone recommend me something.
>
> I like it to sound a bit underground and have quite iteligent
> rhyming.

Pharoah Monche - F*** off
Talib Kweli - Put in the air
Mos Def feat. High and Mighty - B-boy document 99
Medina Green - Crosstown beef
Ra the Rugged Man - Stanley Kubrick
Talib Kweli - Get by

Oh and check out anything by Mad Skillz/Skillz
Mon 19/07/04 at 10:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Rickoss wrote:
> HHAT wrote:
> BEastie Boys new album is good...
>
> It's rap without the agrro.. which is nice :-)
>
> Muchly, I prefer it to most other hip hop/rap. Worth getting the
> album, Open Letter to NYC is especially great.

I found it a bit of a struggle at first - not as accessible as their previous stuff. But now I think it's amazing. It's like angry, near-middle-aged rap, with attitude and a healthy dose of humour.
Mon 19/07/04 at 10:59
Regular
Yeah, there are a fair few songs that you might not like the first time you listen to them, but get better with time. I wasn't too keen on it after the first time I played it.
Mon 19/07/04 at 12:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea Open Letter to NYC is great and so are a few others, unfortunately thanks mostly to MCA i would presume there's too much politics on a few of the songs. Why he couldn't have just put all his views on one song i don't know.
Mon 19/07/04 at 12:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Some of the more political lyrics are a bit cringey, but for a band that lives and works out of New York, how could they avoid it? Being peace activists, 'free Tibet', and all that, it's quite refreshing to hear some anti-Bush prose that actually rocks.
Mon 19/07/04 at 12:35
Regular
There's still some classics lines in there though. "Talking out of their necks." Ooookkkaaayyyy.

By the way, does anyone else have trouble playing that album on their PC? For some reason it just doesn't for me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.