GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Share your culinary masterplans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/05/04 at 13:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'm going to Uni in about 3 months, so should probably learn to cook. Yesterday I threatened to make scrambled eggs and this morning, I successfully oversaw the satisfactionary completion of a bowl of piping hot tomato soup complete with side order of cheese sandwich. Tell me how to cook better stuff, otherwise I'll stuff my newly-educated face with grilled cheese and Big Macs until I get Czech neck.

And also, I discovered how to spread butter properly. The secret is to keep the butter on the knife and distribute it equally, not to spread the butter from the bread. I'm a genius!
Thu 27/05/04 at 17:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
Snuggly

when I've got a bit more time I'll teach you how to make Stew.

It's the cheapest thing you can eat and it feeds you for days.!
Thu 27/05/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Allred wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
>
> Get a big pan of boiling water and add some salt to it before you
> put
> the noodles in, i'd go with sharwoods egg noodles.
> You need to boil them for at least 5 minutes, after that you have to
> test them every couple of minutes until theyre cooked how you like.
>
> I seem to remeber Ken Hom on The Saturday Kitchen saying you should
> put some water to boil, and then take it off the heat and add the
> noodles, and when the water has cooled the noodles are cooked.

That will only work if youre using freshly made noodles, for the starched ones you buy from the supermarket, they need to be cooked or you can just leave them in a cold bowl of water to soften and then fry them breifly to heat, but it's only advisable if you know what youre doing.
If you want rice and you cant cook, i really wouldnt try to do it yourself, it can be an utter ba**ard, best use microwavable uncles bens.
Thu 27/05/04 at 17:17
Regular
"Digging!"
Fair enough.
Thu 27/05/04 at 17:42
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Buy a microwavable meal. You can tell what food you are buying by looking at the picture on the front of the packaging. Get someone to read the numbers on the back to you and pick one at random. Use the dial or stab the buttons on the microwave until the food starts going round. Then remove the packaging.

Wait until a noise indicates that the packaging is setting off the fire alarm and serve on a plate, preferably someone elses or perhaps in a bowl, in a cup or even simply tip onto the eating surface.

Steal some cutlery from the canteen at uni and enjoy.
Thu 27/05/04 at 20:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
One advantage of home Uni - I get all my meals made for me

Hoho, although three nights a week I starve as I'm working.
Thu 27/05/04 at 20:26
Regular
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Choose from the following and I will try and explain to you -
>
> Spag Bol
> Macaroni Cheese
> Lasagne
> Chinese stir fry's/recipes like chow mein with chicken in black bean
> sauce
> Roast dinners
>
I just LOVE how you say you can cook then follow that statement with a list of THE easiest things to cook in the world like ever.
Thu 27/05/04 at 20:32
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
my brother couldn't cook until he found allrecipes.com. and his wife didn't believe he had actually made this nice creme of something soup. luckily i haven't had the misfortune to find out if i can cook yet. all i can make is lots of very sweet things, e.g. meringues :-)
Thu 27/05/04 at 22:55
"possibly impossible"
When i was at uni i did try a few things out. Simple stuff like cheesy scrambled egg is just as easy as toast, but more fun.

All you need is a glass mixing jug (the plastic ones all go funny after a while), break two eggs into it then add a tiny bit of milk (a couple of tablespoons worth is fine, or more to make it more fluffy), and 2 cheese triangles (dairylea or something cheaper from the supermarket).

Stick some toast in the toaster, so it's ready before you finish the egg.

Whisk them with a fork until they're all mixed together, then nuke them in the microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes, stirring if the egg bubbles near to the top of the jug.

Butter the toast and spread the thick scrambled egg on top. Not amazing, but tasty and easy.
Thu 27/05/04 at 22:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
One of our favourite things to do at our flat was to eat a whole pack of party rings at lunchtime. we lived right by a pizza and Chinese takeaway too, so that got visited more often than it should've.

Once, for a treat, I sliced up some potatoes, put them in the oven, the put cheese on the top as a melt. Don't ever do that, because they came out rubbish.
Thu 27/05/04 at 23:20
Regular
Dunno if this has been suggested or not..but why not live on Pot Noodles?
Or if you'refeeling a bit fruity....Posh Noodles, maybe?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.