GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Share your culinary masterplans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/05/04 at 13:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'm going to Uni in about 3 months, so should probably learn to cook. Yesterday I threatened to make scrambled eggs and this morning, I successfully oversaw the satisfactionary completion of a bowl of piping hot tomato soup complete with side order of cheese sandwich. Tell me how to cook better stuff, otherwise I'll stuff my newly-educated face with grilled cheese and Big Macs until I get Czech neck.

And also, I discovered how to spread butter properly. The secret is to keep the butter on the knife and distribute it equally, not to spread the butter from the bread. I'm a genius!
Fri 28/05/04 at 16:23
Regular
than'y'ver'muh
Fri 28/05/04 at 16:20
Regular
"Light of the world"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Take one regular tin of baked beans.
>
> heat until piping hot, while at the same time toasting yourself a
> couple of slices of white bread. once toasted, generously spread
> some butter all over one side of each piece of toast.
>
> arrange toast on plate so that the edges will be visible after you
> pour over the beans. you may wish to slice the toast to make it more
> 'manageable' once you come to eat it.
>
> now, pour the piping hot beans all over the toast, making sure to
> leave just a bit of each slice of toast showing at the sides.
>
> you may garnish it with some grated cheese.
>
> practise will lead to the ability to time the cooking of the beans,
> and the toasting of the bread, perfectly.
>
> This cheeky little dish I call - "Toast a la Beans"

Gameaday for this man

please
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:31
Regular
Take one regular tin of baked beans.

heat until piping hot, while at the same time toasting yourself a couple of slices of white bread. once toasted, generously spread some butter all over one side of each piece of toast.

arrange toast on plate so that the edges will be visible after you pour over the beans. you may wish to slice the toast to make it more 'manageable' once you come to eat it.

now, pour the piping hot beans all over the toast, making sure to leave just a bit of each slice of toast showing at the sides.

you may garnish it with some grated cheese.

practise will lead to the ability to time the cooking of the beans, and the toasting of the bread, perfectly.

This cheeky little dish I call - "Toast a la Beans"
Fri 28/05/04 at 11:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm working my way through a whole packet of malted milk biscuits today.
Fri 28/05/04 at 11:50
Regular
"Light of the world"
Mystique wrote:
> Lil Ginge wrote:
> Choose from the following and I will try and explain to you -
>
> Spag Bol
> Macaroni Cheese
> Lasagne
> Chinese stir fry's/recipes like chow mein with chicken in black bean
> sauce
> Roast dinners
>
> ******
> I just LOVE how you say you can cook then follow that statement with
> a list of THE easiest things to cook in the world like ever.

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

I can cook more than that but theyre things he could cook to woman - put yaw claws back *click clicks*

Plus at 18 there is only so much a mum will allow her kitchen to undergo!
Fri 28/05/04 at 09:04
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Paradox: wrote:
> Snuggly
>
> when I've got a bit more time I'll teach you how to make Stew.
>
> It's the cheapest thing you can eat and it feeds you for days.!

I'd disagree - chilli is the way to go and it's always nicer reheated.

Grab a packet of pasta 'n' sauce, whichever flavour you want. Easy to make up just follow the instructions. When cooked (approx. 10 - 15 mins) throw in a tin of tuna, stir, throw it on a plate and sprinkle with cheese. If you want to go posh you can put it in a dish, then sprinkle on the cheese and grill it for 5 mins.
Thu 27/05/04 at 23:20
Regular
Dunno if this has been suggested or not..but why not live on Pot Noodles?
Or if you'refeeling a bit fruity....Posh Noodles, maybe?
Thu 27/05/04 at 22:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
One of our favourite things to do at our flat was to eat a whole pack of party rings at lunchtime. we lived right by a pizza and Chinese takeaway too, so that got visited more often than it should've.

Once, for a treat, I sliced up some potatoes, put them in the oven, the put cheese on the top as a melt. Don't ever do that, because they came out rubbish.
Thu 27/05/04 at 22:55
"possibly impossible"
When i was at uni i did try a few things out. Simple stuff like cheesy scrambled egg is just as easy as toast, but more fun.

All you need is a glass mixing jug (the plastic ones all go funny after a while), break two eggs into it then add a tiny bit of milk (a couple of tablespoons worth is fine, or more to make it more fluffy), and 2 cheese triangles (dairylea or something cheaper from the supermarket).

Stick some toast in the toaster, so it's ready before you finish the egg.

Whisk them with a fork until they're all mixed together, then nuke them in the microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes, stirring if the egg bubbles near to the top of the jug.

Butter the toast and spread the thick scrambled egg on top. Not amazing, but tasty and easy.
Thu 27/05/04 at 20:32
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
my brother couldn't cook until he found allrecipes.com. and his wife didn't believe he had actually made this nice creme of something soup. luckily i haven't had the misfortune to find out if i can cook yet. all i can make is lots of very sweet things, e.g. meringues :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.